• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

5.11 Tactical Product Reviews

5.11 Tactical Pants - Men's, Cotton
Product #: 74251

74251_192_Alternate1.jpg

74251_055_Alternate2.jpg

74251_055_Alternate3.jpg

74251_055_Alternate4.jpg

74251_055_Alternate5.jpg

74251_055_Alternate6.jpg

Durable, comfortable and functional
Superior fit
Signature rear strap and slash pocket design
Double and triple-stitch construction
48 bartacks in high stress areas
Self-adjusting comfort waistband
Double thick seat and knees (kneepad ready)
Genuine YKK® zippers and Prym® snaps
Convenient D-ring
Tough 8.5-oz. cotton canvas
7 pockets
Perfect for the outdoors, including hunting and hiking

Law enforcement, military and fire professionals worldwide consistently choose the 5.11 Tactical® Pants for both on and off-duty wear. First specified by the FBI National Academy as standard training issue, the pants have enjoyed considerable popularity over the past 30+ years. The cotton 5.11 Tactical® Pant comes in 11 colors, with size ranges to fit virtually everyone. Known for its signature rear slash pockets and strap,the sturdy, seven-pocket 5.11 Tactical® Pants is so comfortable and functional, it has become an industry icon.

Functionality
Made of tough, 8.5-oz. 100% cotton canvas that becomes increasingly more comfortable over time, the 5.11 Tactical® Pants stands up to the rigors of daily work, play and travel. Known for superior comfort, functionality and fit, the tactical pants feature a self-adjusting comfort waistband that helps you bend and stretch with ease. For best results, pair the 5.11 Tactical® Pants with the 5.11 Tactical® Shirts or 5.11 Tactical® Polo.

Storage
Front pockets are strong and roomy; inverted pleats on the cargo pockets remain flat until needed for a neat, professional appearance. A narrow thigh pocket accommodates a magazine, cell phone or utility knife. The extra deep rear pockets hold extended mags, a baton or a 15” flashlight.

Durability
The 5.11 Tactical® Pants utilizes a proprietary weave that binds in on itself to prevent raveling. Double and triple-needle construction is utilized throughout, plus 48 bartacks in high-stress areas add to the tremendous strength of the tactical pants. The double reinforced seat and knees provide enhanced abrasion protection, and interior knee slots are ready to accept 6mm neoprene kneepads. At the ankle hemline, built-in blousing strap openings can accommodate 500 cord.

Hardware
On the 5.11 Tactical® Pants, we use only genuine, locking-flange YKK® zippers and quality PRYM® snaps, both of which are top-of-the-line in the industry. Additional quality hardware is found in the front, where a convenient D-ring holds your keys, or ID.

Fit
The legendary fit of the 5.11 Tactical® Pant is a closely-guarded secret based on a tried-and-true formula created 30 years ago from its mountaineering roots. Designed for active movement in changing conditions, the pants perform and look great on individuals of all shapes and sizes. This same superior fit is also found in the 5.11 Tactical® Short, 5.11 Covert Khaki and the 5.11 Tactical® Shirt.

Value
The authentic 5.11 Tactical® Pants is the only pant on the market with a 30-year history of delivering quality, functionality, comfort and value. It has consistently stood the test of time worldwide. Accept no imitations or look-alikes; the authentic 5.11 Tactical® Pants are the genuine article.

Imported.

p945116792-4.jpg

p675137102-4.jpg

p599271568-4.jpg

p787248939-4.jpg

p1067380338-4.jpg

p669607589-4.jpg

p1015301053-4.jpg

p450140654-4.jpg

p363575257-4.jpg

Review to follow...
QUALITY is the first word that comes to mind when looking at these 5.11 Tactical Pants. The seams are very well stitched with reinforcements in the high wear areas. For example in the pockets there is a double layer (reinforcement) towards the bottom at the seam where you would normally use a pocket clip to attach a knife. I really like this feature because a lot of times the pockets wear out from clipping on/off a knife several times a day or are two thin for a knife to be properly retained. The pockets also have two sections, the first has a vertical zipper (great for items you don't want to potentially fall out or are trying to conceal well) with two additional pockets inside and the second is a standard pocket which allows for quick access like most pants. The pockets are also very deep which adds to their functionality. This combination feature is great for carrying extra magazines, knives, flashlights, pocket pistols, etc.

The elastic waist allows for a near perfect fit without the use of a belt and adds to what makes these pants so comfortable. The belt loops are fairly robust and easily accommodate rigger style belts.

The side pockets are very well concealed and easily hold AR15/AK47 magazines but can be used for a wide variety of items. The only thing that gives away that there are pockets there is the piece of material attached to the zipper. This is something that could easily be removed for better concealment but with the understanding that it would slow your ability to open the pockets.

The back pockets are very large compared to most pants that I have worn and could certainly hold a pocket pistol if you desired. They are held closed by a very sturdy set of velco. I have not tested these long enough to see if the velco will hold up in the long term but I have a feeling that they will.

All in all the only problem I find with these pants is that I no longer wear any of my other pairs. I now have several pairs in a variety of colors. I work as a veterinarian and these have replaced my Dockers as they are far more durable, stains come right out of them, the pockets make them very functional and they are extremely comfortable.

Re: BlackHawk Product Reviews: Mossberg

I know this is a Blackhawk thread, but if you're looking for a versatile tac vest that is easily changed out to whatever you're using it for that day you should look into 5.11. There vest is padded w/ non-slip neoprene in the shoulder areas for reduced slip of gun stocks while in shooting position. They have standard MOLLE straps for any MOLLE type accessory or you can use there quick connect slip stick accessories. And it's one of the few vests that has a drag handle, just in case you'd need to be pulled out of some where in a hurry. They also have more basic ones with pockets sewn in if you don't like the MOLLE webbing all over the place. I'm looking at picking one up soon.

http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products ... otton.html
Product #: 71152

71152_018_Alternate1.jpg

71152_055_Alternate2.jpg

71152_055_Alternate3.jpg

71152_055_Alternate4.jpg

Comfortable, durable and functional
Superior fit
Triple-stitch construction
26 bartacks in high stress areas
Tough melamine buttons
Patented hidden document pockets
Reinforced pen pockets
Cape-back with moisture-wicking mesh
Hidden button down collar
6 pockets; 9 colors
Tough 5.4-oz. cotton canvas
Long sleeves
Tall sizes adds 2 inches to length

The perfect counterpart to the authentic 5.11 Tactical Pants, 5.11 Taclite Pro Pants and 5.11 Covert Khakis, the 5.11 Tactical Shirts is the comfortable, durable and functional choice of law enforcement, military and fire professionals. Ideal for both on and off-duty wear, the innovative 5.11 Tactical Shirts are the only tactical shirts in the world with 5.11’s exceptional fit, patented hidden document pockets and unmatched heat management system.

Functionality
The Tactical Shirts have hidden button-down collar stays and a handsome, functional design offering a professional appearance that is also appropriate for casual environments. With versatility like this, you can swiftly transition between work, play and travel without changing clothes.

Storage
Stash airline tickets, maps, your cell phone or a small backup in 5.11’s patented hidden document pockets located on the front chest of the 5.11 Tactical Shirts. Discreetly designed with a Velcro® closure and one-handed access, the strong, roomy pockets work in tandem with 5.11® Undergear Holster Shirts. Overlaying the hidden document pockets are large, pleated patch pockets finished with Velcro®. The left pocket incorporates a dual pass-through slot for pens, chem-lights and tire gauges. Two narrow pen pockets are placed on the left sleeve, for six pockets in all.

Durability
Made of tough, 5.4-oz. cotton canvas, the 5.11 Tactical Shirts lets you work, play and travel in comfort and style. Triple needle construction, 26 bartacks in high-stress areas and reinforced anti-crack, anti-chip melamine buttons result in an amazingly hard-wearing shirt.

Hardware
In addition to its breathable fabrics and strategic construction, the 5.11 Tactical Shirts employ a 5.11’s unique heat management system. A large cape-back with a tacked center point covers moisture-wicking Drilex® material to efficiently vent and evaporate moisture around the clock. Stitched eyelets at each gusseted underarm further dispel heat and moisture to keep you cool.

Fit
There’s a high-performance 5.11 Tactical Shirts for every mission and activity. With two easy-care fabrics and several colors from which to choose, you can wear the shirt that best fits your daily plans and climate. Both short and long sleeved versions are available.

Value
Accept no imitations or look-alikes. No other tactical shirts compare to the authentic 5.11 Tactical Shirts – the global choice of true professionals.

I have yet to try one of the 5.11 Shirts, but every other clothing item I've bought from them is top notch. Look forward to picking one up in the future.

Sn3aKyGuY said:
I have yet to try one of the 5.11 Shirts, but every other clothing item I've bought from them is top notch. Look forward to picking one up in the future.
Hands down one of the nicest tactical shirts I have ever used. I only have one set at the moment but will be ordering some more in other colors shortly.

I wear 5.11 pants and polos everyday at work, definately well built clothing. Kinda pricey if you have to buy it yourself, but when you get them for free, it's all good! :D

Back