• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500 patterning

Good photos!

I always thought, and still do think, that the Winchester Military Buckshot ammo (it is marketed to civilians mainly) is pretty shitty 00 buckshot. I will never buy any of that ammo.

I think I agree with you. I shot more than this and the Winchester Military was easily the worst patterning out of my gun. I pretty much knew what to expect from the Federal (flitecontrol) Tactical but it was nice to see the Powershok pattern well especially under 25yds. It was very consistant.

Great post.

Yeah, I wish I could get a bunch of flite control wads.

While I don't know for certain I suspect the Military Buckshot sold on the civilian market are either lot over runs or shells discarded because they had minor manufacturing flaws and didn't meet government quality control inspection.

This is a very common practice with M193 and M855 5.56 ammo sold on the civilian market.

Regards

Good photos!

I always thought, and still do think, that the Winchester Military Buckshot ammo (it is marketed to civilians mainly) is pretty shitty 00 buckshot. I will never buy any of that ammo.
IMG_20211023_205616894.jpg IMG_20211023_205616894.jpg IMG_20211023_205634921.jpg My 930SPX, Top is the "military grade" and below the Winchester. And both are made by Olin. But all shotguns are different, kinda like women.

View attachment 26338 View attachment 26338 View attachment 26339 My 930SPX, Top is the "military grade" and below the Winchester. And both are made by Olin. But all shotguns are different, kinda like women.

Thanks for the pics. I shot other targets and the Military Grade tended to throw a circular pattern with few, it any hits in the middle of the pattern. Unlike yours that seem evenly spaced which I would find acceptable. It's most definitely worth patterning different loads for sure.

Back