• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590A1 factory heatshield part # located.

Garmonbozia said:
For those looking for a factory heatshield that works with the 590A1 heavy barrel heres the Mossberg part # 16335P

Listing is from a good source

http://www.mossberg.com/images/Mossberg ... index.html page 11

no listing for barrel lengths so may work on both 18 1/2 and 20 inch?

Good find dude.
Is that the one that is only available through aimpro or can you avoid that process & order directly through Mossberg. Aimpro says that that are the only ones who have access to them & they only get about 100 a year..

This is what Aimpro said in another thread..

''Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:35 pm
That particular heat shield, PN 16335P is only produced in small quantities. We are lucky if we get 100 a year, but that's better than none. We are the only distributor for that part and we are currently back ordered. We hope to have some more toward the end of January.''

Im not sure if it fits the 18.5'' bbl either. It might.. but don't take my word for it. I ordered the OFM parkerized one that wasn't suppose to fit, well... It didn't. I clipped the rear clamp about a quarter inch on each side & had to modify the front clamp because it landed on the barrel lug that is further back on the 18.5'' A1. All said & done it worked out just fine but I wish I tried the product listed above by Garmonbozia.

Hey G-Bozia I PM'd ya last night... Give me a holler.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I have this heat shield and it only works for the 20" barrel 590a1. Aimpro does make one for the 18.5", however with a custom made spacer the Aimpro heatshield for the 18.5" barrel would fit the 20" barrel as well.

After reading several threads on the 590a1 heat shield, I called/emailed Aimpro at the end of last week and was told by Mark that they did not have any in stock and it would be anywhere from 4-6 weeks to a few months before 16335P would become available. So remembering this thread, for the hell of it I called Mossberg and talked to sales and asked for the same part number and referenced the above catalog, saying i needed part # 16335P (parkerized) for the 20" heavy walled barrel for my 53693 tactical/tri-rail 590a1. She put me on hold to check with someone and confirmed they do have it but it would take 4 weeks and it would be $38 plus $6.90 s/h. Knowing people on here were paying $80 from Aimpro and only seem to get it from them and not Mossberg made me think she confused and was thinking it was for a 500 or regular 590 w/ the 18.5 barrel. I asked for clarification several times along with specifying the model/specs to be as sure as i could over the phone and she said it was the right part/price. So, given the wait on Aimpro and the price from Mossberg, I ordered one. Thanks for posting the link to the catalog Garmonbozia. Really not sure what I'll end up getting, but we'll see...

That might be the same exact one I have.. not sure about the part# though. Good thing I always keep the packaging to parts like these.. I'll check the part# when I get home in a bit & let you know what you'll be getting into if possible. If its going on a 18in A1 & its the same one I have you'll be in for some modding. If its going on a 20" & its the same one I have you'll still be in for some modding..

Sent from my WX435 using Tapatalk 2

Back