• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590A1 Upgrades

My prior thread was an inquiry re sling attachment options - which continued into broader discussion of other upgrades. My thanks to Ernst and nitesite for their advice/guidance/recommendations/thoughts.

I’ve completed my upgrades and therefore starting new thread to display.

The items added are:

• Bayonet: OKC M9 - Hey I already had an M9 and pic below the only time it’s likely to be ever attached again..

• Light: Streamlight 69600 TL-Racker 1000 Lumen Forend Light for Selected Mossberg 500/590 Models with CR123A Lithium Batteries, Black

• Side Saddle: GG&G Mossberg 500/590 Side Saddle Shell Holder 6 Shot - I almost went Esstac Shotgun Card however as my shell pouch has velcro up front which cards can be affixed to I went w/ the side saddle.

• Site: XS Sights Big Dot Shotgun Bead - Plain Barrel – Mossberg – Orange - Tritium

• Sling Mounts & Sling: Magpul Forward Sling Mount – Mossberg® 590A1 > Blue Force Gear ULock > Blue Force Gear Vickers 2-Pt Combat Sling – Coyote Brown> Blue Force Gear ULock > Blue Force Gear A2 Buttstock Adapter - which allows the highly recommended top attachment.

upload_2022-3-19_12-39-45.jpegupload_2022-3-19_12-39-45.jpegupload_2022-3-19_12-39-45.jpegupload_2022-3-19_12-39-45.jpegupload_2022-3-19_12-39-45.jpegupload_2022-3-19_12-39-45.jpegupload_2022-3-19_12-39-45.jpeg

Thanks again and am entirely open to any suggestions for improvement/modification of above..

Steve/Houston, TX

Nice set up. Now all you have to do is get out there and shoot! One piece of advise. Make sure you blue loctite the XS big dot sight on to the barrel. Don’t ask me how I know!

After watching a YouTube of the XS install I opted to have a gunsmith do that item - assume he did it right..

Heading to the range tonight..

After watching a YouTube of the XS install I opted to have a gunsmith do that item - assume he did it right..

Heading to the range tonight..
I have installed 2 of the Big Dots now on my 590 Shockwave and 500. I used the 2 part JB weld epoxy, but admittedly have not shot them yet. It was an easy install for me, but I do wonder how well they will stay on. Hopefully they don't fly off into space....

All I have done to my 590A1 is MagPul SGA Furniture, Sling, Side Saddle shell holder, and Micro Red Dot Optic. Done deal. Damn thing shoots slugs like a rifle.

Back