• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590S Shockwave Relased

Ernst

.30-06
"Philanthropist"
Just ran across a new ad from Mossberg on their 590S Shockwave release. Here's the ad details.

"For the ultimate in shooting flexibility, the all-new 590S Series cycles 1.75″, 2.75″, or 3″ shells. Pick one shotshell length for specific shooting needs, or simultaneously load any combination of those shell lengths. The choice is yours with the 590S.

Compact 590S Shockwave-gripped models come with a choice of 14″ or 18.5″ barrels, both equipped with bead sights.

Standard 590 Pump-Action Features: Dual extractors, twin action bars, positive steel-to-steel lockup, and anti-jam elevator provide smooth operation. Other features include top-mounted ambidextrous safety, matte blue metal finish, magazine clean-out tube with cap, and a logo-engraved receiver."

Appears the price is hovering around $600!

Regards

Pretty neat piece. That hopefully will quiet all the Opsol adapter naysayers..being able to mix and match really adds some utility I think, especially for a first purchase.

Hopefully there is a factory conversion for the 590 that is combat worthy. A cheap plastic adaptor is not combat reliable.
Have to admit it’s been over 45 years since I wore any OD green, but is a mini shell gonna be anybody’s round of choice in a combat situation?

I read about these the other day.

I could personally do without the billboard on the side of the receiver though. I thought that billboards was a Ruger thing.

I'm not interested in shooting short shells. The only thing I could think of that I'd be alright with is working up a slug load. But, other than that, not interested. Having 10-12 slugs on tap would be pretty nice.

I agree with the billboard thing as well, but I suspect a Sharpie can handle that. At least that's how I'd deal with it.

On the other hand, I only shoot minishells in my Shockwave, and I think having the ability to shoot full-sized shells would just be an added bonus.

Its a cool concept to not need the minishell adapter

I'll stick with my normal 2.75" or so loads, in an endgame/SHTF I don't suspect we'll be all running minishells

Back