• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

6 Gun Range Report

CaddmannQ

.50 BMG
Well today I got out to the Aubury shooting range, with my friend and his two young daughters, aged 11 and 18.

I took the .22 Ruger pistol, Springfield Xds 9mm pistol, the .22 Savage/Stevens 887 semi-automatic rifle, my .22 magnum Henry lever gun, the .308 Ruger precision rifle, and the .45-70 Marlin lever gun.

He brought his AR-15, his .22LR AR-15 clone, a 9 mm Beretta pistol and a 9 mm Sig Sauer pistol.

We shot 3 Rounds of 45 minutes.

He ended up beating me by a few points in the poker targets. But I was shooting off of a bipod purely because of style, and I always do better off of a sandbag.

I should take that damn bipod off the gun unless I decide to go to war, and even then I'll just get somebody to carry my g******mn sandbag!

Anyhow most of the time was spent teaching the girls to run the different guns, and when I had time to shoot I mostly spent it plinking at the 100yd gong.

I was amazed at how well the youngest girl shot. Now the 887 has a nice little scope and it is my easiest gun to shoot, if not the easiest to load. She picked it up and scored a 50yd bull's-eye on the first shot, shooting off a sandbag.

I gave her the official Alco 50-yard pistol target, and with the 887 rifle she scored 147 out of 150 points, shooting 15 shots.

She hit the bull 3 times in 15.

Mostly I made a lot of noise for fun, and we had a great time.

Now I have to go clean the guns.;)

Well today I got out to the Aubury shooting range, with my friend and his two young daughters, aged 11 and 18.

I took the .22 Ruger pistol, Springfield Xds 9mm pistol, the .22 Savage/Stevens 887 semi-automatic rifle, my .22 magnum Henry lever gun, the .308 Ruger precision rifle, and the .45-70 Marlin lever gun.

He brought his AR-15, his .22LR AR-15 clone, a 9 mm Beretta pistol and a 9 mm Sig Sauer pistol.

We shot 3 Rounds of 45 minutes.

He ended up beating me by a few points in the poker targets. But I was shooting off of a bipod purely because of style, and I always do better off of a sandbag.

I should take that damn bipod off the gun unless I decide to go to war, and even then I'll just get somebody to carry my g******mn sandbag!

Anyhow most of the time was spent teaching the girls to run the different guns, and when I had time to shoot I mostly spent it plinking at the 100yd gong.

I was amazed at how well the youngest girl shot. Now the 887 has a nice little scope and it is my easiest gun to shoot, if not the easiest to load. She picked it up and scored a 50yd bull's-eye on the first shot, shooting off a sandbag.

I gave her the official Alco 50-yard pistol target, and with the 887 rifle she scored 147 out of 150 points, shooting 15 shots.

She hit the bull 3 times in 15.

Mostly I made a lot of noise for fun, and we had a great time.

Now I have to go clean the guns.;)

Just be glad those guns aren't fish you have to clean. Or...maybe not.

Cadd, sounds like you had a good time. The more youngsters we teach how to shoot the better off we'll be.

Hombre, the thought of bluegill frying up makes me hungry. Fish would work for breakfast...

Cadd, sounds like you had a good time. The more youngsters we teach how to shoot the better off we'll be.

Hombre, the thought of bluegill frying up makes me hungry. Fish would work for breakfast...

Streak, how does fried potatoes and onions fried in bacon grease sound?

Cadd, next time show them what the inside of the barrel does when you push a little rag up and down it. tsktsk...

Hombre, fried potatoes and onions fried in bacon drippings sounds real good. Makes me hungry thinking of it.

Back