• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

715 T magazine release

MaverickHD

Copper BB
Picked up the rifle 1 week ago and dealing with the usual. So far, I gave it a good cleaning so I can also learn proper disassembly. Called Mossberg about the magazine and bolt handle problems, they are replacing the magazine and also sending me an updated both handle. They have been very easy to work with. Today I ran about 150 rounds through it with zero problems except, that the mag release fell off because the small screw the holds the two mag release pieces together pulled the threads and now will not hold the two halves together. Any ideas here except for calling Mossberg getting a new one. Also, I have the rear sight adjusted up all the way and still shoots 2 inches low. I suppose I could trim a 16th off the front sight to zero it in

Regarding the rear sight. See the stock site post. I put a pic up of the rail...

I purchased a u shaped carry handle rail mount on ebay. 8 bucks shipped. Works like a charm. Can raise the sight all the way up and have a red dot / scope mounted on top without obstructed view.

Hope this solution will help others having this issue.

Just need to mount it the right way. The hole in the bottom of the rail is offset so one end protrudes longer than the other end. Opposite way and it sticks out too far / obstructing the travel of the rear sight. The part is a little longer than the stock one.

Problem solved.

Back