• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

715T Flash Hiders/Suppressor/Barrel Threading

My gemtech halo suppressor arrived in the mail today!
Fit right over the flash hider no problems it's on there good and tight.
I'm very very satisfied.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 444
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 451
HonorablePain said:
My gemtech halo suppressor arrived in the mail today!
Fit right over the flash hider no problems it's on there good and tight.
I'm very very satisfied.

Man that suppressor really looks good on there! but I got to ask you about your camo.. Is it a dip or tape?? Looks really good! Got any close up pics of that camo?

I bought the gun that way, its the flat top mossy oak camo version.
I can take a few pictures close up tonight after work.

I have brought her threw the woods a few times and so far no branch has been able to scratch it so I'm guessing whatever they did to apply it and whatever material it is, it is very durable.

HonorablePain said:
I bought the gun that way, its the flat top mossy oak camo version.
I can take a few pictures close up tonight after work.

I have brought her threw the woods a few times and so far no branch has been able to scratch it so I'm guessing whatever they did to apply it and whatever material it is, it is very durable.

Thanks! That's really cool, I didn't know they offered a camo version now. Got my flattop a while back, camo wasn't an option then. Gotta like Mossy Oak, they make some of the best looking patterns out there.

Just installed my NcStar 10/22 Muzzle Break on my 715T. Tight fit but some oil and the rubber mallet helped it slide on. Need to take some pics to post.

Help! I've been trying to zero a scope that I mounted on my 715T. I'm a newbie at this whole gun thing and this has, by far, been the most frustrating thing I've tried yet. First I tried the Bushnell Magnetic Boresighter but couldn't get the horizontal, windage, adjustment to go far enough to the left. I need to sort out if the scope is defective or if I'm doing something wrong. So, I got a laser boresighter at a gun show yesterday. Now, I can't get the laser piece through the muzzlebrake to seat it in the actual muzzle. Even trying to hang onto the nut that holds the muzzlebrake in place with a towel under my channel lock pliers, I now have scratched and dinged the nut on the muzzlebrake. Yes, I'm turning it left as I look at it from the front of the muzzle. And the nut is no closer to being loose than it was when I started. How on earth does anyone ever get this done? I'm open to pretty much any suggestion. I'm not so open to sending the gun back to Mossberg, having just done that for another reason a month ago.

jspicker said:
Help! I've been trying to zero a scope that I mounted on my 715T. I'm a newbie at this whole gun thing and this has, by far, been the most frustrating thing I've tried yet. First I tried the Bushnell Magnetic Boresighter but couldn't get the horizontal, windage, adjustment to go far enough to the left. I need to sort out if the scope is defective or if I'm doing something wrong. So, I got a laser boresighter at a gun show yesterday. Now, I can't get the laser piece through the muzzlebrake to seat it in the actual muzzle. Even trying to hang onto the nut that holds the muzzlebrake in place with a towel under my channel lock pliers, I now have scratched and dinged the nut on the muzzlebrake. Yes, I'm turning it left as I look at it from the front of the muzzle. And the nut is no closer to being loose than it was when I started. How on earth does anyone ever get this done? I'm open to pretty much any suggestion. I'm not so open to sending the gun back to Mossberg, having just done that for another reason a month ago.

You dont need to take off the flash hider to use the laser bore sight.

Here is what ide do if its not to late. The cross hairs inside a scope are VERY thin and tiny. You CAN break them if you try and turn them to far.

You need to set it back to factory first. How you do this is remove the scope from the gun, sit the front on a mirror so its flat against the glass. Now you turn the turrets till you see 1 single crosshair threw the glass. Sometimes its best to do outside in the day, you need very good lighting to see the cross hair reflection. (watch a youtube video if you dont understand)

Now once you get it set back to "0" remount the scope. Use the bore sight and setup a target or object at like 15-25 yards. Try and set the scope first mechanicly, what i mean is use shims, or push the scope on the rings by hand first and get it as close as you can BEFORE you start adjusting the turrets.

You must remember, if your mounting a scope ontop a 715T handle version you are about 2" above the barrel. This puts the scope WAY out of normal alignment as if its on a regular rifle. The rear will need to be lifted to put the scope at the proper angle so that you can dial in the POA to the POI

What i do is mount the scope but i dont tighten the rings super tight yet. I get them snug then i check where the laser bore sight is. If its off left to right i twist the scope on the rings. If the red dot is really low lookign threw the scope ill shim it with pop cans or something simmilar. Cut strips of a pop can and use them to lift it.

Once you get it about where you want then crank down the screws on the rings and check it again.

Ive put about 10 scopes on my rifles and doing it this way ALWAYS gets me on the paper when i get to the range. Once im on the paper its just a few clicks here and there and im done.

Hi guys. New owner here of a 715T carry handle. I understand the barrel is not threaded on this model. What do I need to do to install a real suppressor? I want to get a suppressor I can use on several different host options including this gun. Thanks for any replies!

Welcome aboard.

All NFA regulatory requirements to actually own a suppressor aside, all you need to do to attach one to your barrel is have it threaded to a 1/2 x 28 pitch and you're good to go...

Does anybody know if there is a fake suppressor that will fit over the stock flash hider? I cannot get my flash suppressor off. I have tried everything and have given up on it, I do like the look of the fake suppressors though.

My 715T flattop (since sold) came with the "flash hider/compensator" installed upside down... Or maybe the barrel was installed upside down? :rolleyes: Rather than mess with returning it under warranty, I made barrel clamp blocks for my vise out of some 3/4"x 2" aluminum bar stock I had around. Drilled down in between both with a 5/8"? drill bit, leaving 2 half-moon channels in the blocks. Smoothed the channels with sandpaper. Put them around barrel (still attached to gun) and clamped. Heated flash hider up with a heat gun (blow dryer on steroids), then gave the wrench (very snug fitting--I think 3/4") a "rap" with a hammer and the flash hider loosened up. I think it was std. 1/2"-28 "AR" thread. I had to use a copper (brake hose) washer to get the correct alignment (ie: 180^ CCW). Colored the washer with a black sharpie and I was done. The barrel was not marred in any way by the vise blocks.

If you do clamp your barrel somehow, the worst thing that can happen would be if it rotated in your clamping device, scratching the finish. :eek: Wait, the worst thing that could happen would be if you crushed the barrel through over-tightening it, but I kinda doubt that would happen... :D

I'm trying to find a muzzle brake for my 715T non threaded barrel. Any idea where I can find one ? Everything I have come up with is for a 10/22, and I hate to order one to find it doesn't fit. Any help would be appreciated.

Back