• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

715T Flash Hiders/Suppressor/Barrel Threading

bellofello

.270 WIN
Does anyone know what the threads are on the new flat top model.

Also if they are left or right handed threads...

I'd like to replace my factory birdcage.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335303623.984001.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335303623.984001.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 5,895
Threaded barrel on the flat top version.

Nobody else with one of these has changed out the flash hider for a supressor or compensator or something just because it looks cool?

Re: Threaded barrel on the flat top version.

The only ones I've seen on the site here were using the clamp-on style muzzle brakes. Haven't seen too many of the Tac .22's with a threaded barrel so far. I'll betcha it's got a ½”-28 tpi with right-hand threads though.

That's what I was leaning towards. I may have to call mossberg and try to find someone who knows what's what.

And right hand thread on a rifle would be righty tighty while looking at it from the front correct?

Mossberg 715T Flash Hiders/Barrel Threading

It's a knockoff ACOG 4x32 with a bdc reticle and backup irons. It works for what it's worth.

I haven't had a chance to shoot her much. Just enough to zero'ish it on a pop can with CCI 22 cb long's.

I'll let ya know how it works, and if the bdc happens to work at certain yardage's for the .22

Here's how it sits now.
8e2e830a-69cf-0f93.jpg

-rocky mountain tactical, quick adjust sling (awesome sling, and fantastic service and price at RMT)
-solarforce L2 light w/momentary pressure switch
-eBay lmt sopmod stock
-eBay grip pod
-eBay acog
-some UTG rail covers

NcStar 10/22 flash supressor

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum.

I picked up a 715T W/carry handle. I have a BSA RGB sight on it, and everything sighted in.

I ordered a NcStar 10/22 flash supressor, and it came today. I have a question for those that have installed one on their "weapon system:"

It doesn't just slide on over the barrel like some of the threads made it sound, it barely has enough diameter to meet the barrel. Is there a trick to getting this on all the way, or do you folks just slam it on?

Thanks for any comments!

BTW, so far, couple hundred rounds of Remington "goldies" through it, like it a lot!!

Re: NcStar 10/22 flash supressor

Welcome to the forums! I do not have an answer for you, however, give it some time :) haha

My personal thoughts would be, sand it VERY LIGHTLY and slide it slowly with some loctite. BUT be warned that would be my VERY Back-woods manner of doing it haha

OK folks,

I put some lubrication inside the muzzle break and got it set on the barrel, then gingerly tapped it down with a rubber mallet...went on all the way, nice tight fitment. I am confident it will not fall off when shooting like some others have experienced!

Glad too hear of your success!! Should post some pictures or "it didn't happen"! :)

Itsricmo-

I tried to post some pics for everyone, but they are too large to post! I'll keep tryin' though.

Looks like my Colt M-16 A1 now!

Are they "too large" when in preview mode? I had the same problem but they adjust to the screen afterwards, I believe

715t flash hider removal?

Hello everyone...I tried a search and came up empty. Anyone know how to remove the stock birdcage or flash suppressor on the 715t flat top??? Thanks in advance for your input...just basically wonder if its a counter clockwise removal. :?:

Re: 715t flash hider removal?

wilk218 said:
Hello everyone...I tried a search and came up empty. Anyone know how to remove the stock birdcage or flash suppressor on the 715t flat top??? Thanks in advance for your input...just basically wonder if its a counter clockwise removal. :?:

Probably---depends on your perspective:) The barrel threads are male, suppressor female, normal direction. Pull the wrench (19mm IIRC) toward yourself with the rifle laying on the left (non-bolt) side. They're on pretty tight, and have a directional washer---you'll want to note it's position for reassembly.

Re: 715t flash hider removal?

edm715t said:
They're on pretty tight, and have a directional washer---you'll want to note it's position for reassembly.

^ This,

The crush washer is putting outward tension on the threads and removal usually requires a substantial amount of torque. It's a LOT easier if you have a vise and a proper wrench...

715 t .22 LR Flash Suppressor Removal

Hi Everyone,

New here to the board and didn't have any luck using the search feature. So hopefully someone might have an answer for this question....Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. ;)

Just got a new 715 t .22 LR (AR version) and I'm trying to remove the flash suppressor. It looks like there is a crush washer on it and I've torqued on it as much as I am willing to with a 3/4 wrench for fear of twisting the actual barrel. Any suggestions on how to get this sucker off?

My next option is to hit the unit with a propane torch, but I'd really rather not do that unless I have to.

Does Mossberg put red lock tight on the units? help!

Re: 715 t .22 LR Flash Suppressor Removal

Welcome aboard Sir!

Don't know if Mossberg Loctites 'em or not, but most flash hiders I've removed required the upper to be secured in a vise block. It can take a significant amount of torque to break the tension on the crush washer. Might be a dumb question, but have you checked to make sure it's not pinned or welded on?

Re: 715 t .22 LR Flash Suppressor Removal

Thanks for the reply and as far as I can tell, the unit isn't welded or pinned in. I can actually see the threads inside the suppressor.

Starting to wonder how I can improvise a barrel vise now... ; )

Back