• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

817 replacement stock

edkeck

Copper BB
I need some help. My son recently purchased for me a Mossberg model 37050 - 817 - .17 hmr. It is a fun rifle but after I have had a bad wrist injury I can no longer hold any of my rifles that have standard style stocks. I can still use my pistol grip and thumb through guns. I contacted Mossberg about puchasing a replacement thumb through stock from a model 37093 .17 hmr, and although they tell me it will fit the rifle they will not sell me the part. I told them if I have to I will purchase the whole rifle exchange the stocks and sell the one not needed. But what I would rather do, if I have to buy the whole gun is to buy a model 37091 - 802 - .22 so I can just give the .22 to one of my grand kids. Mossberg could not or would not tell me if the stock off the 37091 would also fit my 37050. Does anyone know if they will exchange? I looked at many aftermarket stocks but just don't want to invest in an expensive wood stock for such an inexpensive gun.
Please help, I want to be able to shoot this gun with my son.
Thanks,
Ed

Glad to see you guys wanted to help so much that no one bothered to even say sorry can't help.
Gee thanks,
Ed

Sorry about that Ed,

Not a whole lotta 817 owners on the forum and this section gets overlooked. From what information I can gather there still doesn't seem to be any aftermarket support for the model. I would think that the 802 stock should work just fine. Only difference I can figure would be a wider opening for the 817 magazine, but that would be a simple modification. Still, it's kinda curious that Mossberg won't tell you for sure. When you called, did you speak with someone in Tech Support or Customer Service?

Lemme know if you're still interested in swapping out stocks and I'll do what I can to help get it figured out...

I have the pistol grip style stock for my 817 and am looking for a standard style stock instead. If you or anyone else wish to trade even, let me know. This is a stock photo of what mine looks like. I have only had mine for a few weeks, but prefer a traditional stock.

timthumb.php

I'm interested in trading stocks with you Wyldeguitar667 if your's is still available. I bought the 817 with muzzle brake (don't laugh) but wanted the sport syn. stock model.

1025SUPERBIKE said:
I'm interested in trading stocks with you Wyldeguitar667 if your's is still available. I bought the 817 with muzzle brake (don't laugh) but wanted the sport syn. stock model.

Email me at wyldeguitar667@yahoo.com. I am still interested in trading stocks. And why laugh, muzzle brakes are cool. Please send a pic of your stock. It seems my pic was taken down, here it is again.

timthumb.php

Alright, first major hiccup we have encountered was that one stock was for a varmint rifle and the other for a standard. The upper and lower receiver materials for the varmint were aluminum and of different dimensions while the standard was polymer upper and lower receiver.. and again, different dimensions. Now, trading stocks from a standard to a standard might work, we don't know, or between a Varmint and varmint...but not between the two. Not without some fabrication work to make this work. With all that trouble inherit of the problem, my next move is to restore mine to factory and sell it and probably by a higher end .17hmr rifle from another manufacturer altogether because Mossberg will not sell OEM stocks alone. Being as no other aftermarket manufacturer makes a stock for the 817, it severely limits the weapons and I have not the patience to spare just because a company won't offer to sell just stocks to make me a well satisfied customer. Now I am just an irritated buyer that will jump the first train that offers better customer service and better products because, believe me, they are out there.

Back