• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

835 Intrigue

I hunt Ducks, Geese and Pheasant with my 500.
Ducks and Geese I use a Accu-Choke Mod and whatever #2 steel shot shells I can find cheap at Walmart.
For Pheasants I use my C-Lect choked barrel with any cheap #4, #5 or #6 lead shot that I can find.
I dont think I can be much help with this experiment.

@Rossignol Found another one in the box for an 835, once again picked up on sale and not used yet.

If you want to try it out let me know.

835Tube_zpsaluxatbg.jpg

@MikeD I'd like to take you up on that sometime, though I have no idea when I'll be able to afford hevi-shot! lol
Can it be used with lead I wonder?

Just looked it up.
It can be used with lead, bismuth, and tungsten alloys. Just not steel.

I have seen a video of guy using the hevi-shot at 70 yards as is advertised. It was sketchy at best, but I would like to try a couple loads with it and find what delivers reliable effectiveness at decent shotgun ranges.

The claimed yardage was using their purpose designed and matched load/choke combination.

I really had no intention of buying their expensive loads, I was just wanting to see if it would work for turkey as well but the last two years's I've hunting with a bow so I still have not had the initiative to try it.

I may be heading up to my cabin shortly. If I do I'll be doing some shooting and I can try it out and provide some feedback.

Sounds good, I'll be looking forward to what you think.

My goal is to get through advertising hype and find what really works. No reason the 835 can't be very effective and efficient for different uses. There's enough aftermarket out there to make it a beast of a gun from one end of the spectrum to the other.

Back