• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

835 mag tube spring?

JoshT

.22LR
Is the 835 mag tube spring the same as the 500 and 590A1 (6 shot)?

Is there any advantage to the Wolff XP magazine spring?

I'm mixing and matching two shotguns from a Maverick 88, a stripped 500 12ga receiver, and a pile of parts. Maverick 88 will become solely a "home defense" gun and is getting the 18.5 that I no longer use on my 835. Got nearly everything to finish both builds except for an 835 magazine set-up to put on the Maverick 88. Bought most parts I've needed on eBay or GunBroker and am trying to stick to that trend. Not many Magazine springs for the 835 coming up on either site, but can find them for the 500.

Good luck finding the 835 mag tube. I searched for 2 months, then scrapped my project.
Even ordered new from Midway. Larry's people sent me one for a 500.
Returned it to find out they didn't have any for an 835.

Isn't the 835 magazine the same as the 590? The lug set up is the same and barrels swap out as far as I know.

So is that a yes to the original question? From those last two posts and the fact that Wolff springs sells the same spring for the 500 and 6 shot 590, sounds to me like they all use the same springs.

Appreciate the heads up on the mag tube. I've found a few different sources since I'll probably have to buy that piece new. I'll scratch midway off the list since it sounds like they may have their inventory mixed up.

I'd say yes on the spring. You can call Mossberg to check but you may be on hold for a while.

There's a guy you can email, Joe something. Does anyone have that email handy?

So is that a yes to the original question? From those last two posts and the fact that Wolff springs sells the same spring for the 500 and 6 shot 590, sounds to me like they all use the same springs.

Appreciate the heads up on the mag tube. I've found a few different sources since I'll probably have to buy that piece new. I'll scratch midway off the list since it sounds like they may have their inventory mixed up.

When I was looking for a mag tube I called Havlin and got the mag tube with a spring for $15.

Look under Web Specials.

I just checked my records,,,,,,,I paid $23. with the spring. Sorry 'bout that.

Thanks mossy,

All they have listed is camo, I'll give them a call or email about one in standard finish.

All this because I don't like the 88's safety for a hunting gun, and have a 18.5" 835 barrel that I don't use on that gun. Got a receiver for about $50 after ffl, a "parts kit" for about $75. All I need is the mag parts.

Just heard back from Havlin, no blued tubes, camo only.

I'm going to keep watching eBay for now. Hope I can find used for cheap, but I know it isn't likely. Brownells shows them as available or I'll call Mossberg if that fails.

Still waiting for the receiver to arrive. Think I may need a few more small parts. If I find a used tube before then good, if not I'll order a new one with those parts.

Yep. Looking at 835 tubes and 6 shot 590 tubes. So far I've seen 1 835 tube on eBay and I can buy from Brownells for less, and I've not seen any for a 6 shot 590 yet.

It would help if my computer was working. CPU cooler took a turn for the worse over the weekend and I'm waiting for parts to come in. Stuff isn't as easy to search for from a cellphone or archaic netbook. Not getting in any rush, forgot my auto insurance is due tomorrow, so might not have money to finish this little project for a few weeks.

I swap 500 and 835 barrels on my 835 and use the same spring for both.

Back