• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

835 Turkey set up

With some tweaking, testing and a good scrubbing of the barrel of this highly used 835, I was able to get some Impressive patterns out of this workhorse. The circle in the target is 12in, for ref.

Hevi-Shot TKY choke
Hevi-13 3.5in 2 1/4oz #7shot
50yds laser verified

015-6.jpg

016-3.jpg

017-2.jpg

Oh man....them there are some beautiful 835's. You know I'd be in this topic for sure.

I have an 835 with a Truglo Strut Stopper Choke, Knoxx Stock, Bushnell Red Dot, and of course a Limbsaver slip on pad. The entire gun is Hardwoods Camo..

4J74g.jpg

This past spring I was able to get 2 Toms with one shot!!

The Strut Stopper is an excellent choke. I have gotten some Unreal patterns out of them and straight #7's. The smaller the pellets, the better with them. They are the tightest constricted mass produced chokes available, with most of the models coming in at a .643 constriction

Dang, I need an 835... gonna have to reevaluate my list of guns I need.

That is a Winchester 1300 Turkey circa 1993. They are highly sought after models. Real shooters. I own two. I shot 53 ducks with this model last season. It just had the luck, so it became the go to gun.

The 835 and it's overbored barrel, combined with the really small #7 shot and the Hevi tube really work well together. The H-13 #7 load is vicious! The pellets have the same amount of knockdown power as a lead #5, with 2/3 more pellets flying through the air!

Winchester, duh... all I had to do was look at where the stock meets that unique "V" in the receiver!

Good lookin gun Chad!

Aha...very nice looking.

Brad...that's what caught my eye....

That type of laminated stock was called "Win-Cam". It came in a Salt/Pepper like shown, and a brown/tan version. They are beautiful.

This is a special one I have on one of my 870's
004-26.jpg

Back