• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

935 Fully Rifled Slug Barrel

Zach H.

.22LR
So, let me start by saying that I've never been much of a deer hunter, birds have always been my game of choice but my dad is wanting me to get out in the woods to go deer hunting with him. I can borrow an 11-87 (that is really picky about ammo) to use but also found a good deal on a 935 slug barrel. I was wondering if anybody had any experiences with slug barrels on their 935.

- Zach

P.S. I'm sorry about racking up posts in a relatively short amount of time.

I have one for my 835 and my 930.

Have not shot a deer with them (law changed to allow certain rifles in our shotgun zone so I opted for a 450BM ) but they group well. Like rifles you need to find the best load for your gun

Never apologize for asking questions or making posts here.

I've never used a rifled slug barrel either. I imagine they would be better for sabot slugs and longer ranges than I get to use.

Where I live and hunt, most of my shots are well within 50 yards and often closer to 35 yards, so I would be able to use the regular smoothbore barrel and whatever slugs I have on hand.

Back