• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

940 JM pro discharge on it's own

Sigrook

.22LR
I was wondering if anyone has seen or heard of this before. yesterday I was teaching someone with my 940 JM pro. I had showed him how to use the safety prior to loading. The gun was then loaded while the safety was on and he was holding it properly (no finger on the trigger) with muzzle pointing down range. When I asked him to take the safety off before mounting the gun, the gun fired out a round from the chamber. Not only was his finger not on the trigger, but the round in the chamber never ejected and next round never loaded up. I had to manually rack the next round.

I'm a big fan of mossberg, but have never seen anything like this before. I tried to duplicate this with the same steps and was unable to do so.

Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?

I would contact Mossberg customer service and tell them what you just posted here.

Since I've been considering a 940 Pro, I'm curious if you ever got this resolved. Thanks
I sent it out to a gunsmith who went through it and he says that it is fine. I have since had issues with the extractor pin as well. I will say when everything is working, it is a nice gun. You do have to clean it a lot (more than they recommend) in my opinion. Because of that, I may trade it in towards a Benelli

Sigrook,
Did Mossberg service say anything about this when you contacted them? This seems like a potential safety issue!

Sigrook,
Did Mossberg service say anything about this when you contacted them? This seems like a potential safety issue!
I'm not exactly happy with them as Mossberg was a customer of mine for years and the response was less than helpful and more in the form of an accusation. I got much more help locally from a GS

Back