• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

940 part interchangeability?

I have both a 930 and 940. It doesn't 'appear' that the 940 BR will work on the 930. The 940 BR has a hole in the center to attach the BR. The 930 looks to be mounted different. Not sure if it screws off or not. But I would say it isn't interchangeable. GG&G sells one for the 930 that looks 'similar' to the 940 BR, i.e., it is elongated. It is not just a bolt on part. Some detailed disassembly/reassembly is involved. I installed a larger BR on the 930 from the Or3gun website and it works great.

Last edited:
I have both a 930 and 940. It doesn't 'appear' that the 940 BR will work on the 930. The 940 BR has a hole in the center to attach the BR. The 930 looks to be mounted different. Not sure if it screws off or not. But I would say it isn't interchangeable. GG&G sells one for the 930 that looks 'similar' to the 940 BR, i.e., it is elongated. It is not just a bolt on part. Some detailed disassembly/reassembly is involved. I installed a larger BR on the 930 from the Or3gun website and it works great.
I am talking about the shell stop mechanism as a whole. Taking the shell stop out of the 940 and putting it into a 930. I imagine that the outer part of the bolt release that screws on is to give a bigger finger area and to address the over-travel/ shell dump issue on the 930.

The shell stop mechanism as a whole is backwards compatible. Some 940s are now coming with the 930 style shell stop assembly that is not drilled/tapped. Most of the hunting and field models are being shipped without larger bolt releases now. In these cases, our 930 Enhanced Bolt Release will also work on these 940 models not drilled/tapped.

I have one... Actually I have just about one of everything of yours! I just like the look of the tactical release on the 940 and would love the chance to retrofit it to my 930

Back