• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

940 Pro Tactical

bought a 940 tactical completely disappointed -will not run with any ammo i tried-will only hold 6 in tube not seven red dot had to be adjusted all the way left and still 2 inches to right with slugs at 40 yards i have a 1200.00 club please read independent reviews my problems are common-mossberg needs to recall and have enogh staff to fix - one reviewer has been waiting 3 months to get his back-another reviwer got his back and it still didn't work- i await mossbergs response

bought a 940 tactical completely disappointed -will not run with any ammo i tried-will only hold 6 in tube not seven red dot had to be adjusted all the way left and still 2 inches to right with slugs at 40 yards i have a 1200.00 club please read independent reviews my problems are common-mossberg needs to recall and have enogh staff to fix - one reviewer has been waiting 3 months to get his back-another reviwer got his back and it still didn't work- i await mossbergs response
Mossberg has lost a step when it comes to QC and their CS. Keep up with them as best you can so they can try to resolve the issues with 6new boomstick.

For mine, I had to do a thorough stripping, cleaning, and lube job before it ran & shot dependably. I also had a break in the mag tube spring by using 7 A-Zoom 12ga snap caps and letting them sit in the tube for a week BEFORE my first trip to the range.

I run mine without a red dot (for now) and it's setup the same way as my new Remington V3 Tactical. Both are great U.S. gas guns, but they both required some TLC to run right. Good Luck!

Mossberg is sending mine back this week. Fingers crossed they got it fixed. Have been talking to a guy on youtube that had the exact same issue. He is getting his back this week also. Seems there's definitely been a bad batch of them. Hope its fixed.

Well it’s back. Mixed feelings. Looks like Mossberg replaced the red dot and replaced the elevator. I put about 75 rounds through it and it’s way way better. I still had 3 failure to ejects. They were all the same Winchester 1350fps Fast target loads. I shot 25 of those. Plus 25 low brass and 25 buck and slugs. Even the low brass cycled fine. I’m hoping it’s this particular ammo. Out of one box 3 is quite a bit. I’m going to take it this weekend and see if I can get a couple hundred through it with a mix of stuff and see if it runs everything else. Still not 100% confident in it but I have hope.

After about 200 rds of a wide variety of loads the 940 seemed to run everything good except one box of Winchester high brass fast clay shells. For some reason it would not extract them reliably. They were 1350fps. Everything else was I believe 100% perhaps one failure to extract. My cousin has a jm pro and it ran everything flawless. He’s never had an issue. So it’s good but not perfect. Not sure if I’ll hang onto this one or not. I think it’s as good as its going to get.

Sometimes that's all it takes is some break in time. Glad it's working better for you.

Back