• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

9mm, ??? Mossy pistols ??

Well,hmmmm, very interesting features I like the take down routine including the stirker assembly in field strip. Wonder $$ price point to be a guinea pig.

In watching the guns being reloaded on the firing line, do those mags not drop free? :idk:

I'm not chastising them for using a plastic magazine, but I do admit that I like steel mags better. I do like how they used bright orange (hi-vis) followers. And I also appreciate the 2 stage recoil spring/guide rod.

I'm in the market for a nice compact carry gun, and so far the Kahr S9 is in the lead for it. But I will have to watch to see how the Mossberg does.

In watching the guns being reloaded on the firing line, do those mags not drop free? :idk:

I'm not chastising them for using a plastic magazine, but I do admit that I like steel mags better. I do like how they used bright orange (hi-vis) followers. And I also appreciate the 2 stage recoil spring/guide rod.

I'm in the market for a nice compact carry gun, and so far the Kahr S9 is in the lead for it. But I will have to watch to see how the Mossberg does.
I think they would drop free the guy that changed his mag still had ammo in it.

I just bought a db380 for a small carry gun.

Sent from my LGUS215 using Tapatalk

It's not a bad looking gun by any means. Some features are really great.

I think it needs to come down in price to compete with several of the other pistols in the middle class such as Taurus and Diamondback and SCCY. Currently based on MSRP it's going to sell for what a S&W M&P Shield 2.0 sells for over the counter. A standard Shield is under $275 easy. For many that is a no brainer. Plus, those four brands mentioned have Lifetime Warranties as well.

I hope it does well once people gain confidence in it and the price settles where it needs to be.

Last edited:
I like a lot of Mossberg stuff, but this one do very little eye impression on me...
I might get spanked over this but..

I dont like those plastic mags..
I dont like the plastic thing at the back covering the firing pin..
I dont like that toy trigger..

But.. it could be a decent gun, we just have to wait and see...

Edit: It takes glock mags ?!

Last edited:
Pretty sure we all were skeptical of polyguns and mags for the first 30 years or so... But theyve kinda proven worthy wether we like or not see Glock/pmag/etc...... As for back plate for striker im guessing thats metal. We shall see how it,washes out.

I would much rather they had put the effort into pistol caliber carbines. Ah well. Take care. Tom Worthington

I have wondered for some time why Mossberg never do a real pistol..
They could start "small", like they did with the brownie. but in 9mm
When they suddenly do, i complain.. lol

Back