• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

A Day at the Range

LAZY EYED SNIPER

Overwatch
Global Moderator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Got out with the Recurve for a few hours this aftenoon. This was the first time I've shot a bow in 20 plus years and man did I miss it. I used to shoot compound and this was the first time I'd ever shot recurve with no sights. Was a little worried about picking up on instinctual shooting especially after so long, but I figured what the hell.

My local firing range has an archery section with targets graduated in 10yd increments from 10-50yds. Had the place all to myself when I got there...

I was pleasantly surprised at my first group of the day at 10yds...

...moved out to 20yds and put up some reasonably consistent groups as well...

After a while I tried each of the 30yd, 40yd, and 50yd positions with some pretty scattered groups but I did manage to keep them all on the bails. Stepped it back down to 30yds after some other shooters showed up and scored a head shot on the 3D hog. Then on the second shot, this happened...

I couldn't freakin believe it!!! First time shooting a bow in over 20 years and I Robin Hood an arrow. After that I packed up my stuff and headed to the house. Had a great time and can't wait to get back out there.

Thanks again to MikeD for getting me back out there!!!

Very nice L.E.S.! Maybe you should take up ferrel hog hunting.

Thank you Sir,

I've got a lot more practicing to do before I get to that point. Maybe I'd do ok if I could get the hogs to stand still long enough... :lol:

Awesome shooting there. :D

For the record, I've yet to get a robin hood with my recurve. :cry:

Nice, LES! Congrats on the Robin Hood. I have done it a couple times with my compounds, but with a recurve? That's awesome!

Thank you Sir and same here. I've killed a few arrows shooting compound in the past, but couldn't believe it when it happened yesterday...

Cool. I've never seen that before. :D

Back