• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

A sign of the times? Hardee's is now closing every day at...

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
... 2-PM. Workforce shortage? Every restaurant I have been in says they are vastly understaffed and can't get anybody to apply. They are short of kitchen staff and servers especially.

Or just lack of business after 2:00 because Hardee's is LOTS of breakfast business, a little for lunch... but after that it is a wasteland. Better to not pay a crew to stand around doing nothing after 2:00?

And for those who don't know what a Hardee's is, it is the same as Carl's Jr only here in the South.

Hurry on down to Hardee’s . . . where the burgers are charco-broiled!

Yeah, it’s been a long time since I lived in the south.

Out here the Carl’s Jr. started a side biz called The Green Burrito, And now you can get “Mexican” food at Carl’s.

A&W was merged with Long John Silver’s so you can get a float with your fish. I think Yum Foods owns many of these brands now.

Last edited:
My wife bought us some breakfast sandwiches at the local Hardee's a few weeks ago. She happened to be driving by. It is not in my travels so I forget it is even there. Ate there a few times when they first opened a few years ago. I couldn't tell you if they are open after 2pm...

I can tell you that a Checker's (aka Rally's) opened about two years ago around the corner from my shop and now has a sign in the window stating "temporarily closed due to staffing issues". :rolleyes: More often than not in the past year they have been closed when I drove through. I'm not a big fast food guy but sometimes I crave a chili dog...

Several 24 hour diners here are no longer open 24 hours. Many stores are offering wages above normal because they cant find people that want to work.

There are some places that may or may not be open day to day because they are having staffing issues.

Damn near every diner, store, etc has help wanted signs in the windows.

At the same time many people are whiing about not being able to find a job because they really dont want to "work" hard for their money. (some family members included)

At the same time many people are whiing about not being able to find a job because they really dont want to "work" hard for their money. (some family members included)

Both my kids have their "first" jobs. My dot works at ChicFilA for the past 2yrs while going to Comm. College for nursing (or related). She is getting "A"s but I'm on her to be a little more efficient with her time (and to clean her room :rolleyes: ). ChicFilA pays well, is a great fastfood place to work and is very good with the raises--I think she is making like $15-$16/hr there. There is not a lot of turnover and she is a shift manager or something like that. As she is almost done with her 2yr degree, I am suggesting she find a job "in the field" to see if she is going to be able to deal with the smells and fluids of patient care or if she would be more comfy in a lab, and therefore a different educational track. I'd rather she actually "go to college" (ie: on-campus 4yr) but she is making progress so I shouldn't be too critical. :rolleyes:

My son is working as a temp at some wiring harness company attaching connectors to wires or some other menial, repetitive task. His girlfriend's mom got him the job. I was not too happy about that because I lost my helper to what I would consider to be a dead-end job with no benefits. He promised after he graduated (last June) he would "help with the business" but his pinhead mother sabotaged that and encouraged him to take the job. :mad: I think they are paying him $12/hr but he was promised $13/hr after a month which they have shafted him out of. I told him to demand the money promised or to get a better job. "but it is air-conditioned" and "trying to save money". :rolleyes: Preferably he would go to school for something. "I don't know what I want to do" is the attitude 12+ years of public schools have given him. :rolleyes: I could get him in any number of apprenticeships such as HVAC, pipefitting or electrical.

Anyhow, with both kids, I have emphasized that NOW is the time to get a decent job with a decent wage. LoSaD dictates that once "don't want a job" benefits run out for the slackers, they will HAVE to get a job and wages will go down--especially for low-skilled labor. Of note is FL just raised the min. wage to $10/hr but with LoSaD that number is irrelevant... Lack of employees will cause employers to raise wages to attract them to the job.

The democrats screwed this baby up.

Let them change its' diapers and rock it to sleep.

We used to have one up here. But its been long gone for years. I miss that place. They had good burgers too.

We are having a big problem finding people also, around here start $14.00 hr, IRA, health ins, free Aflac and a discount on products, WTH? And if I haven't mentioned it before I manage a liquor store, been with the owner for almost 15yrs, if he wasn't with a drop of rat pee I would have been gone 14 yrs ago.

I can actually think of a lot of times that statement has been very true unfortunately.

When I see some of these offers for starting pay, etc, I really have to stop and think...maybe, just maybe. I might be able to afford some of this high priced ammunition... Take care. Tom Worthington

Insane because she makes 15 or because she “only” makes 15 ? That’s only a few cents more than minimum wage up here..C5C6EF10-1585-4EFE-B53E-2CDDFA6F81DD.png

Thing is, if they could always afford to pay their employees $15 an hour, just imagine how much money they are still making.

Thing is, if they could always afford to pay their employees $15 an hour, just imagine how much money they are still making.
I’m sure they make money hand over fist. They have opened a couple new stores in the past few years and have a food truck that measures customer demand for future expansion, all on basically a $5 menu. I don’t care for them myself, but they have a big following.

Back