• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

A Work in Progress

hondo

I started with a standard field 500 and added a high capacity kit after I decided I needed a HD weapon. Then I added a Karsten adjustable cheek rest and GG&G tactical forearm with a rib at 03:00 position for a flashlight or laser. Last addition was a Burris Fastfire II reflex sight mounted to the barrel that just happens to co-witness with the factory sights. I have a couple of receiver mounted shell carriers but haven't used them because I feel they bulk up the weapon too much and if 9 rounds of 00 buckshot won't stop an intruder then it's time for plan B. A tactical light will be Burris Fastfire II 001.JPG probably the last addition.

Nice. Can you give us a little more info on that sight mount? Did you make that yourself?

The mount is a JPoint Mounting Adapter, "Melt-in shotgun rib mounting for Remington Rem-Choke full profile barrels". As you can see I found the sweet spot on a 500 barrel for the contour to fit perfectly.

Back