• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Accessory Question(s)

Loosehead

.22LR
Hi,

Just ordered a Shockwave and have been perusing various sites to determine what the optimum configuration for a home defense weapon might be. I've decided to go with the Federal minishells, both #4 buck (when I can locate some) and rifled slugs (on order.) The OPsol miniclip is on order. I am strongly leaning to adding a laser and probably a flashlight. I'd like to add a sidesaddle shell carrier but would that eliminate the Crimson trace laser? I could go with a Bull dot and do both of those. Or, should I go with a combination laser/flashlight mounted on the magazine tube? I'm thinking that the shell carrier, while a nice to have, is not as important as the laser and flashlight.

Lots of options and I am somewhat a neophyte as you can no doubt tell from my clumsy use of jargon. I'm open to recommendations, thanks!!

Welcome to the fold!

I have a 12 gauge Shockwave with the Crimson Trace laser saddle and a TacStar 6-shell side saddle - they work just fine together. I originally had a CDMG adapter with a flashlight mounted on it, but removed that and instead went with a Streamlight TL-Racker fore-end. I run minishells exclusively and have the Opsol adapter installed. I keep the Federal Shorty 4-buck in the tube with Federal Shorty slugs on the side saddle.

I did add an SBL brace so I could shoot it at my range. While I prefer the look and feel of the birds-head grip, I'll confess that it is way more accurate using the brace and shooting from the shoulder than using the birds-head and shooting from the hip.

Enjoy!

Welcome to the fold!

I have a 12 gauge Shockwave with the Crimson Trace laser saddle and a TacStar 6-shell side saddle - they work just fine together. I originally had a CDMG adapter with a flashlight mounted on it, but removed that and instead went with a Streamlight TL-Racker fore-end. I run minishells exclusively and have the Opsol adapter installed. I keep the Federal Shorty 4-buck in the tube with Federal Shorty slugs on the side saddle.

I did add an SBL brace so I could shoot it at my range. While I prefer the look and feel of the birds-head grip, I'll confess that it is way more accurate using the brace and shooting from the shoulder than using the birds-head and shooting from the hip.

Enjoy!
Thanks, good info and much appreciated!

I have the crimson trace and TL-Racker as well. Waiting on the shell side saddle Ordered in April (real slow boat). I went with a soft shell holder.
9E35B9C3-B22A-4C1E-8462-8B843D38D357.jpeg 3979044E-CC2A-49D9-9E84-8985B6D7E022.jpeg

Welcome to the fold!

Enjoy!
Just re-read. One of the reasons for my going with the Shockwave grip and the mini-shells is that my right shoulder is bone on bone and can no longer handle the recoil...at all! (Knew I should not have played rugby until 40...!) Hoping I can practice enough to make the shooting from the hip somewhat effective.

Back