• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Adaptive Tactical Sidewinder Venom

No thanks. $230 for the conversion kit & 1 mag, and another $50 for a spare 10rd mag, plus shipping.

You may be surprised to know this, but Knoxx used to make that many years ago.

They used drums and stick mags.

Do a google for Knoxx sidewinder.

Coincidentally, they also had an offset front grip around the 7 o'clock position.

I guess maybe I'm thinking in terms of the other "high capacity" shotgun alternatives. Saiga, UTS, MKA 1919, SRM, etc. All of those are mighty pricey...especially when compared to 200 or 300 hundred bucks. Take care. Tom Worthington

You may be surprised to know this, but Knoxx used to make that many years ago.

They used drums and stick mags.

Do a google for Knoxx sidewinder.

Coincidentally, they also had an offset front grip around the 7 o'clock position.

I wonder if these are the same ones, just repackaged? Take care. Tom Worthington

I guess maybe I'm thinking in terms of the other "high capacity" shotgun alternatives. Saiga, UTS, MKA 1919, SRM, etc. All of those are mighty pricey...especially when compared to 200 or 300 hundred bucks. Take care. Tom Worthington

I'm not a big fan of box/drum mags for shotguns. My Mariner holds 8+1, and is quick & easy to top off. Can't do that with a box or drum mag. The only time I'd consider this is for strictly military purposes, when you might want to haul around 8 or 10 full mags.

Would love to see some GoPro of this old rehashed device as it is put thru Magpul Shotgun training or Yavapai/Awerbuck stuff.

Yeah, I'm w/ Gunny. Don't get me wrong, they look cool as $h!t, but just aren't very practical and at the price of a kit + a SG, I'd rather pony up a couple hundred more for a Saiga or Catamount - if I were looking for a mag fed shotty. But that's just me. Have any of yall seen those Black Ace's receiver's for the Mossberg that take the Saiga mags? I briefly entertained the idea of getting one a few months ago when I came across some for $99 on Gunbroker but my logical, practical side won out. But then again... I do have a bolt, trigger assem., stock, forend, etc. for one already.... All I'd really need is a 590 barrel and mag tube once I got the receiver... I really have a soft spot for bayo clad shotguns and this could be my chance;)

I have one of the adaptive tactical sidewinders and I will be installing it shortly. I wanted to give one a try.

I don't know why I'm thinking about this kit... but I am. Thinking about buying a cheap Mav 88 used and throwing one of these kits on it for shits and giggles. Anyone try it? Any good or is it junk? Don't see many reviews at all.

image297883-919fd071991797804800a56ca0833a6e.jpg

I bought the Knoxx Sidewinder kit for my 500 back in 2004. Took almost a year to get it because I was an early pre-production buyer.
I got 2 10-round drums and 2 6-round box mags.
My intention was to use it for 3-gun competition. [I am not competitive in 3-gun because I shoot what I like to handle. A dead-stock 1911A [1946], a 1950 M1 Garand, and the converted Mossberg 500.]

For competition, I load the Mossy with a 10-roun drum and 1 chambered. Around my waist I have a WWII gas mask cover that holds my two 6-round boxes. So I've got 23 rounds in quick-change config. [If I needed more SG ammo, which I never did, I had 5 rounds available in a sidesaddle]

Unfortunately I only shot 2 matches w/ the gun before I moved away and had no convenient 3-guns matches.

Was it a good buy? I'm neutral. I could convert it back because I still have the parts. But if I still had the original config I probably wouldn't convert it to mag feed for self-defense use.

img_20151206_145043-07c23276-large.jpg

Last edited:
Back