• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

advise

i would like to get the 535 all purpose model withe the wood but i do lots of clays trap skeet etc... but i would also like to do home defense how good is this shotgun in terms of reliabilty after 1000 rounds?

Can't speak for the 535 specifically but I don't think it will be an issue. The more I shoot my Mossbergs (500 and 930), or any shotgun, the smoother and more reliable it gets.

Aside from wear on the finish, i can't say I've noticed any detrimental wear on any of my guns, some of which have many many 1000's of rounds through them.

Keep it lubed and it should keep working indefinitely. I expect my guns to outlive me.

While I do not have a 535, they are pretty much the same. With mine, I have well over 1000 rounds through it. All I do is clean it. And it still works like a charm...like it should.....

It's built on the Mossberg 500 platform. It'll last a lifetime if taken care of properly. 1,000 rounds is nothing for a mossberg pump.

I've had my 535 for two years, I don't log how many round I put through it, but prolly damn near 1000 by now. Works better with every round. Nothin worn out. I just clean it every so often and keep it lubed up.

Back