• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AK47 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like they make bolt on rail systems for the AK. Anyone seen these or had a chance to try them out? I haven't looked at AK's much but I would like to add one to my collection. I have always noticed they were never designed to go all tacticool being railess... until now! :lol:

Command Arms X47 Aluminum 3-Part Modular 5-Rail System (AK47, AK74)

268655.jpg

ahv.jpg

Holy Mother, that thing looks pretty serious!

I'm stickin with the wood on mine though. I had it all tack'd out at one point, but after spending all the time and money to 'fix it up' I realized it just looks so much better with wood furniture. It's amazing what a couple coats of stain and laquer will do for that old surplus wood...

I have a detachable rail that affixes via the side scope mount that I have used for a red dot. For a more stable rail I had considered the UltiMAK

From what I hear it's rock solid but not to many optics can hold up to the heat if it is run hard.

Attachments

• SH-1inst.jpg
    SH-1inst.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 1,031
The most stable mount I used was a tri-rail receiver cover. It replaced the factory cover and was held in place with two set screws. That thing was rock solid and my red dot always held zero.

Here's my baby.
SANY0058.jpg

IO Inc Model C
Wearing:
Tapco G2 trigger group, recoil buffer, Tapco mags (20s and 30s), 3-9x40 IR scope, Fab Defense T-pod, ATI furniture, and an Aim Sports top rail mount (rock solid).
Custom mods by me:
Safety/bolt hold open mod, and a machined trigger shim that gives me a 1/8 in trigger pull.

I just went back through the thread and saw your AK, John. Nicely done! That is one sexy piece of equipment. What optics/sights do run on it?

And I agree, the Tapco Furniture that came stock on my IO had to go too. lol

I just use irons on it.

Would like to get one of those burris fast fires that attach to the rear sight, but with how much they cost, that's not going to happen unless I win the lottery.

Re: Another toy

Chris111 said:
Thanks..

John, what rail is that by the way?

For which gun?

That AK looks good with the OD on it.

Nice work on the wood furniture, the color is great!!!

Chris111 said:
The rail on the ak.

It's a Samson K-Rail (full size/free float).

This particular AK has the East German gas piston/gas block, and front sight, and is a rather odd variant, so that prevents me from using other (standard AK) forend types on it.

And even then, I had to cut a few of the top rails off of the forend to use it.

630cde9f.jpg

And why you dont' see many of them.

As I mentioned, I got mine at a hefty discount off ebay. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have it either LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back