• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AL: 11-Year-Old Shoots Home Intruder

Scoop

.30-06
11-Year-Old Shoots Home Intruder, Mocks him for ‘Crying Like a Little Baby’
TALLADEGA, AL — A Navy SEAL saying made famous in the recent Lone Survivor film goes something like this:
VIDEO

“Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet.”

Well, it only took a 9mm round to the leg to reduce one would-be burglar to tears, according to the 11-year-old Alabama boy who pulled the trigger. Chris Gaither was home alone last week when he heard a noise and realized a man was breaking into his house.

“When he was coming down the stairs, that’s when he told me he was going to kill me, F-you and all that,” Gaither recalls.

The young boy grabbed a 9mm handgun and told him “I was going to kill him and all that, if he didn’t get out of my house.”

The intruder apparently did not take him very seriously, because he continued pillaging the house, ultimately making for the door with a basket full of goods. That’s when Gaither started firing. On the twelfth and final shot, the burglar dropped to the ground in agony after catching a bullet in the leg.

“It was a full metal jacket bullet and it went straight through the bag and hit him in his leg,” Gaither said proudly. “And he started crying like a little baby. When I pulled the gun out on him, I guess he didn’t think it was a real gun because he didn’t worry about it, he just kept on walking.”

When asked how he became such a crack shot, Gaither calmly explained that he and his step dad “play zombies for target practice.”

Gaither’s mom says they believe the man who broke into the house — who at this point has not been identified by police — has done it before.

“I hope you learned your lesson for trying to come to this house and steal stuff,” Gaither concluded.

That whole story just sounds bizarre to me but nothing really surprises me anymore.

I'm glad the boy is OK for now though.

I noticed that also. But it may be explained by the fact the perp was carry a basket with him which may have been some cover.

"...he continued pillaging the house, ultimately making for the door with a basket full of goods."
“It was a full metal jacket bullet and it went straight through the bag and hit him in his leg,”

More likely a nervous young man in a scary situation... at least no innocents were harmed.

I noticed that also. But it may be explained by the fact the perp was carry a basket with him which may have been some cover.

More likely a nervous young man in a scary situation...

Totally agree, if i was in that situation I'd probably just empty the mag in the general direction...!!

I can hear the lefties now, screaming for child neglect charges against the parents for leaving the boy home alone and letting him have access to a firearm. I suppose some aclu type will want to sue the parents and the child on behalf of the home invader.

Officially, the line in the TN Handgun Training Program is "Shoot only to neutralize the threat."
Not to warn, not to wound, not to scare, not to kill. Neutralize!

I add the "Sig Line" to illustrate the HOW beyond the WHY.

Good for this young man. I just hope the leftist don't try and make this kid out to be some Right wing villain that just plays video games and wants to kill people.. Or the mother a terrible person for leaving gun unoccupied, excetera excetera. I'm just waiting to hear the family of the idiot that was shot come out and talk about their poor baby never done no wrong before.
Still, just glad the kid and his family are okay.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

The Mom may be the reason why this kid is alive. My kids were and are raised around guns. My 5 year old daughter will tell you, don't touch guns unless there's a bad guy in the house. There was a bad guy in the house. Maybe the gun was accessible for a reason. Though it's not condoned, it certainly may have saved his life. Also, the family may have been a hunting family, which would make him comfortable with guns. Maybe not a great shot, but he has plenty of time to learn. In the meantime, he did what he had to do.

Last edited:
Back