• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ammo available in your area.

Oddcaliber

.270 WIN
Just curious as to what is going on in your area. All the big box stores have been wiped out of the most common calibers, 9mm,380,38/357 40S&W. No 223/5.56,308,7.62x39 or 12 gauge. I've been stacking it deep for years so my supply is good.

I have not gone into any stores liked Cabela’s since I have enough shotgun shells and .223 rounds already. I am sure it mostly gone reading some of run on guns and ammo. Maybe you might find .some .40 on the shelves still.

Like most everyone else around here I learned my lesson well last time too. However, we usually follow the US in weeks or months both in supply and lack thereof. So there is still ammo available just not everywhere and not what you might need. Likely there will be shipments inbound to Canada yet that were already ordered pre-pandemic. But after that...it will be slim pickings til likely long after your election.

So I’m still picking up what I can here and there. I’ve got enough hunting ammo (lol yeah right) so I’m mostly focused on picking up ammo for the SG & PCC. But I’m already pretty well stocked and don’t have any plans to shoot much until this pandemic passes.

I've not bought ammo in stores in almost 10 years. And I do have plenty on hand. I also reload, and am decently stocked on components. I did order some more powder and primers while there was some available the other day

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
Reloading is something I'd really like to learn. I feel like until I learn and start putting it to use, my firearms knowledge and experience will be quite lacking. And, from a SHTF perspective I feel somewhat vulnerable without that skill set. Hopefully, I will be able to start collecting the equipment and components needed to get started soon.

Reloading is something I'd really like to learn. I feel like until I learn and start putting it to use, my firearms knowledge and experience will be quite lacking. And, from a SHTF perspective I feel somewhat vulnerable without that skill set. Hopefully, I will be able to start collecting the equipment and components needed to get started soon.
Dive right in. From the outside it can seem intimidating, it's really not. A couple hard copy manuals, and guidance from us here and you're all set. Nitesite mentioned it years ago, it's easy to get caught up chasing numbers, and generally over thinking it. It doesn't have to be that complex. Unless you want it to be. And chasing chronos numbers, and tiny groups can be fun. From a preparedness standpoint theres plenty of basic loads that just work. As far as investment of equipment, Lee is the most inexpensive. I will say I've loaded a few thousand rounds of various caliber, rifle, and pistol, with great success. I have upgraded some parts. Mainly for convenience. I have no doubt I could go back to the starter set, and load good ammo for a SHTF situation.

I've got reloading equipment but never seem to have any time to use it.
That's really my only fear at the moment...well actually it's my wife LOL!! But if I spend more money on guns and hunting and end up sitting on it cuz I just can't get to it...lol, well you know!

Dive right in. From the outside it can seem intimidating, it's really not. A couple hard copy manuals, and guidance from us here and you're all set. Nitesite mentioned it years ago, it's easy to get caught up chasing numbers, and generally over thinking it. It doesn't have to be that complex. Unless you want it to be. And chasing chronos numbers, and tiny groups can be fun. From a preparedness standpoint theres plenty of basic loads that just work. As far as investment of equipment, Lee is the most inexpensive. I will say I've loaded a few thousand rounds of various caliber, rifle, and pistol, with great success. I have upgraded some parts. Mainly for convenience. I have no doubt I could go back to the starter set, and load good ammo for a SHTF situation.

Thanks DM, I'll most likely purchase a Lee starter kit...I've read they're pretty decent but will need a few necessary additions to round out the package. I'm already saving my pennies for my other lifelong love...which is motorcycles. I'm working to save a whopping down payment for a new Africa Twin. I've been without a bike for a few years now, the first time since I was 8 years old...I'm chomping at the bit to go explore and get FAR, FAR AWAY from town.

Put a pintle mounted 50 bmg on the handlebars of your new bike.

You can load your own ammo and make your own ethanol fuel too :quote:

I read a book about it once. The author was probably a liar though. I wouldn't know.

I also did a book report about being an astronaught in the 3rd grade about how to fly the space shuttle but nasa has never called me to drive it on the next space mission yet.

I have been reloading a lot. I just got 500 3030 cases, 1000 5.56 and 223 cases, 1000 38 and 1000 357 mag cases. I found some 9mms I had stashed...500. I need 45 acp cases so theyre next. I already have several thou of each but i got nothing else to do...until I start fishing this season. Can't wait to start fishin. My arm is tired of pullin my crank...so to speak.

Put a pintle mounted 50 bmg on the handlebars of your new bike.

You can load your own ammo and make your own ethanol fuel too :quote:

I read a book about it once. The author was probably a liar though. I wouldn't know.

I also did a book report about being an astronaught in the 3rd grade about how to fly the space shuttle but nasa has never called me to drive it on the next space mission yet.
Weird...I'm sure they'll call soon John.

A friend said WalMart has fairly full ammo shelves, which surprised me. Academy Sports has 500-rd ammo cans of 115-gr 9mm Remington for $94. Seems like there isn't a shortage here.

Honestly, I have not looked for ammo in a retail store (or even online) on almost two years.

Went to Academy to get some ammo for my latest addition today. Back of the store were somewhat empty shelves. Up front behind the counter under supervision is where I found the 30 30 ammo! Got my 1 box and felt lucky to get it.

Back