• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ammo available in your area.

A wise man learns from the past. I've been through numerous "runs" on guns and ammo. We are now in the midst of a "triple threat":

1. Pandemic.
2. Election year.
3. Growing civil unrest.

If you were not adequately stocked on ammo and maintaining that level of ammo you feel comfortable with, you are entirely to blame for not paying attention, not learning from the past and not acting to secure for yourself the level of ammo you feel most comfortable with. If for you that means, "I buy 50 rounds of handgun ammo every time I head to the range" you are being foolish.

As for me?

I maintain a "minimum inventory" for each caliber I shoot. It is stored in a climate controlled space where I replenish it whenever I use it to maintain that level of ammo I'm most comfortable with.

The rock anthem said it best, "We don't get fooled again."

A wise man learns from the past. I've been through numerous "runs" on guns and ammo. We are now in the midst of a "triple threat":

1. Pandemic.
2. Election year.
3. Growing civil unrest.

If you were not adequately stocked on ammo and maintaining that level of ammo you feel comfortable with, you are entirely to blame for not paying attention, not learning from the past and not acting to secure for yourself the level of ammo you feel most comfortable with. If for you that means, "I buy 50 rounds of handgun ammo every time I head to the range" you are being foolish.

As for me?

I maintain a "minimum inventory" for each caliber I shoot. It is stored in a climate controlled space where I replenish it whenever I use it to maintain that level of ammo I'm most comfortable with.

The rock anthem said it best, "We don't get fooled again."
Off subject, but curious. Any civil unrest in y’alls area? In my little pond there was a small peaceful protest but it didn’t get crazy thank goodness. This is probably the strangest time I’ve seen in my thirty some odd years. The “Corona Money” was kinda cool though..

Who are you to say 10K rounds are only what "maniacs" buy.

Ha nah I meant 10k maniacs “zombies” we’re going to attack, SHTF type. Plus it was kinda a play on words, 10k maniacs is a band.. Swing and a miss on my part I guess.
Yeah I get it, some people like to race cars, some people like target practice.
But anywho, what I was getting at was what type of ammo hobbyist hoarder/prepper are you? The kind that is prepping because the liberals will ban guns? Or the type that is afraid that the S will hit the F? Or are they one in the same?

Post edited to remove content by Admin

Last edited by a moderator:
I visited Academy here in town today looking for two specific calibers. I realize they are both very popular. Academy had neither. I headed to Bass Pro Shop. The result was the same, nada.

Academy had virtually empty shelves. Very slim pickings in any caliber. Bass Pro had a lot of ammo, just not what I was specifically looking for. I did however grab 3 other boxes that I can use instead.

Last edited:
10,000 rounds to dispatch 10,000 maniacs. ;) And not the band--I like them! :)

If this anarchy continues, lead, brass and gunpowder will be more valuable than gold, silver or diamonds! Especially if the power grid goes down! :eek:

Yesterday the protestors decided to march in Claremore, a town of 19,000 about 15 miles east of Tulsa. When they got there every business along the route had 2 or 3 heavily armed citizens outside. The protest was peaceful and if there were any instigators they did not act up.

This rioting will not fly in Oklahoma for long.

Went to Academy for some 3030. They had some. Got my 2 boxes. Hardly any pistol/ revolver ammo. Shotgun shells are mostly birdshot. Some assorted rifle ammo but nothing I could use. I'll just have to take what I can find.

Went to Academy for some 3030. They had some. Got my 2 boxes. Hardly any pistol/ revolver ammo. Shotgun shells are mostly birdshot. Some assorted rifle ammo but nothing I could use. I'll just have to take what I can find.

I`ve talked to Academy Tulsa Managers and to corporate about adding some shotgun home defense loads to their line up, they nod agreeingly and say they will take it under consideration and nothing ever happens so I might as well had been talking to a brick wall!
And my last two trips to the South Tulsa store ended in fail, I asked the sales associate about the casing on 9mm and she said "I don`t know anything about guns and ammo, I just sell them!" and on my last trip when I went to check out, there were no registers open so "No Sale!"

As per the usual, there are a few different ways to search for and find the lowest prices on the web.

BUT...at this very moment ammo is in extremely short supply due to the civil unrest, which, added to the previous COVID concerns have sent everything spiraling into crazy-short supply. Realize that.

Use AmmoSeek.com as the starting point to track down what is in stock. I snagged some Remington 00 Buck from Sportsmens Guide. I always replenish immediately what I shoot and never let my inventory level drop below what I regard as an acceptable amount always to have on hand. It is how I have ridden out previous panic buying situations.

The other technique is to get the manufacturer model number or stock number of UPC code on whatever ammo you are trying to find and then spend some time using Google to search for it, using the various numbers, and limit the search to "past week" to find stuff, if it is out there.

But having said that I've never seen anything *this extreme* in the past twenty years or more.

Most ammo is nonexistent around here (Tacoma Wa) but have seen some 7.5 and 8 shot at the big stores. All my #00 and misc shot loads have come from places listed on Ammoseek. I double check the various sellers reviews before purchase though. My wife was able to get several hundred rounds of 9mm by checking there too. And they seem to update the availability at least daily..

Fortunately for me I am a member of a gun range that sells to members first. I got 500 rounds of 556. Costed about $350 bucks, but safety is worth it. I used to pay $7.50 a box for 556, but what can you say? You gotta have it.

Attachments

• 20201023_214304.jpg
    20201023_214304.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 2
From what I hear, Vista outdoors (which is federal and now also owns all remington brand ammunition) are backlogged $1 billion and more than a year ETA on some of it.

No kidding.

This shortage isn't going away any time soon.

My Daddy used to tell me there are 2 classes of people in this world. The have's and the have nots'.

He was right.

Never wait until there is a shortage of anything before you try to buy a bunch of it. Apparently this year, that also means toilet paper. (I guess many people these days have never heard why you didn't throw away the outdated sears and roebucks catalogs LOL).

Back