• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ammo available in your area.

OK, KS, and NE are seeing an uptick in availability. Not only in volume, but a greater assortment as well. Thanks to Wal-Mart the local gun shops have more, and I have been hearing " buy as many as you would like" more and more.

I am perfectly happy paying more to a local business than going to Wal-Mart for ammo or firearms.

The latest issue of American Rifleman has an article about Remington Ammo being brought up to speed by Vista Outdoors. Hopefully that will help with the shortage. Of course they have to be able to keep a steady supply of raw materials and components.

East TN, Southwest VA and western NC are still at the national average on cost.
However, the availability of variance has increased significantly.

+1 on the rural king.

I would say they are the least expensive on most, but significantly high on others....

I travel around the tri state area with my job and prefer to hit the smaller, local shops, than big box and outlets.

I'll pay more from the little guy vs. less for the chain/franchises.

I like the relations built with local folks as opposed to being a statistic with all the others...

Jmho.

Chris/SirAltitude

The latest issue of American Rifleman has an article about Remington Ammo being brought up to speed by Vista Outdoors. Hopefully that will help with the shortage. Of course they have to be able to keep a steady supply of raw materials and components.

does this include shotgun ammo? haven't seen any sts or r27 in my area for a loooooong time

I noticed some ammo locked in the glass cab at the gun counter in WM. Haven't seen rifle ammo in there for over a year, shotgun maybe 6 months. They had maybe 40-50 20rd boxes of 7.62x51 and .308 and maybe a dozen 25rd boxes of .20ga #7, all Winchester brand...

Will you guys stop buying up all the components please..!!:angry:

Over here in the Uk we're now seeing the fall-out... I needed to buy some Hornady .308 bullets, but my usual retailer only had 100... when i asked how long before they could get more, they said the supplier had run out, and they were not expecting more in the country until the end of the year!
(I eventually found another retailer who had 500 in stock... they should be on their way to me.. :D)

Strangely, there are shortages of Uk made (Eley) ammo too... I went to buy some Eley Action and SK Standard Plus from the NRA a few weeks ago...they were out of all Eley ammo, but said they can get European and US made stuff fine, so I got the SK, and bought some CCI Standard.

Out of curiosity, are you able to buy Russian ammo/components? Bidet signed an order banning US import of Russian ammo because Putin tried offing some snitch... :rolleyes:
Went to Rual King today after services like always, 20rds of Wolf $14.99 and had it piled knee high. But I remember when it was $4.99 for the same.

Out of curiosity, are you able to buy Russian ammo/components? Bidet signed an order banning US import of Russian ammo because Putin tried offing some snitch... :rolleyes:

I'm not sure to be honest... I don't normally use anything from that part of the world. We don't get Wolf ammo here, but PPU ammo and components are popular..I haven't heard of any problems with components, but my son recently bought a Lee Enfield but can't get any PPU .303 anywhere locally.

Daryll

I'm not sure to be honest... I don't normally use anything from that part of the world. We don't get Wolf ammo here, but PPU ammo and components are popular..I haven't heard of any problems with components, but my son recently bought a Lee Enfield but can't get any PPU .303 anywhere locally.

Daryll
Enfield,mmmm. Years ago I had a jungle carbine in .308 Like many things I no longer have I realize the mistakes I made :doh:

Daryll

303 is hard to get here too. Even harder now that resident pudding head is in office.

I ended up converting my no4 over to a Delisle commando carbine based as closely to the orginals as I could. It was always one of my holy grail guns. And the only way I could own one was to make it myself just like they did. I sure do have a lot more respect for those fellas now.

I cannot imagine of buying any loaded ammunition, because for the next decade or two I won't need to buy one single round.

And honestly, having chainsaws and gasoline and two-stroke oil and axes and a couple/three generators is much more important to me and to my family.

I could get by just fine with one rifle and one revolver for just about forever.

I cannot imagine of buying any loaded ammunition, because for the next decade or two I won't need to buy one single round.

And honestly, having chainsaws and gasoline and two-stroke oil and axes and a couple/three generators is much more important to me and to my family.

I could get by just fine with one rifle and one revolver for just about forever.

Agree with you on ammo; however, can't imagine having only one rifle and one revolver! Variety is the spice of life and we all need many tools in the tool chest.

Regards

Yes there is. Just like the right hammer for the job you should have the right gun for the task. Plus who only has one claw hammer? One is none, two is one and three is barely adequate!

View attachment 25861
Word! Lol although my hammer situation tops out at about 8, I do have 3 crow bars and a cats paw..don’t get me started on box cutters…lolB6D42CAC-A682-4721-AEAE-E8DE08B02D57.png

Last edited:
Stopped by Academy Sports to grab some ammo Sunday. Got 4 boxes of there Monarch 12 gauge 71/2 field loads. Only rifle ammo they had was 5.56/223 and 7.62x51/ 308. Not much of any thing else rifle wise. 9mm,40 and 45acp were the only pistol ammo as well.

Back