• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ammo available in your area.

Sweet find!
Good ole Walmart. I wish they still sold pistol and .223/5.56x45. I’ve shot a butt-load of Winchester “white box” .40 and Walmart was always the go-to place. It was something like $50 for a 250 rd box.

Attachments

• 189594F1-A30A-41AE-A7FD-E9A2CBBCF35D.jpeg
    189594F1-A30A-41AE-A7FD-E9A2CBBCF35D.jpeg
    244.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
The manager of our local Wally World chose to discontinue all firearms related items when corporate discontinued the 223 and pistol ammo. We have a locally owned farm store that has basically the same prices. I check their ammo from time to time and find good deals. I still have quite a bit of factory ammo for all of my guns. My family went through the covid starting the first week of September, and it took a while to get over it, even after we finished our quarantine. We have just started to get back to the range recently. We shoot more cast than factory. I use factory mainly for the new once fired brass.

I was in the local WalMart on Saturday. I was picking up a couple of oil filters, but I always check the ammo desk just to confirm they don't sell anything anymore. Well, low and behold, they were putting ammo on the shelves. :omg: No more pistol calibers, but several 12 gauge options. .410 still unavailable. I bought a 100 round pack of Federal birdshot. The same box was $20 last year. Now, it cost me $30, but I wanted it. I see sgammo.com now finally has some .357 Mag, However, at well over $1 per round, I'm still going to pass. Take care. Tom Worthington

It's taken awhile but I think the shortage of supplies is starting to show here now. I've been picking up bits and pieces over the last two years like I always did anyway. I never shoot more than I purchase and I've hardly shot anything since COVID hit. So, I've definitely been increasing my stock slowly. That said, my local source has been spotty at times, but since the summer stock levels have continued to drop and now the shelves are nearly bare.

Made the 45 min drive to Cabela's today and though they have stock, it is nothing like it was even 3-4 months ago. No CCI, Fed American Eagle or Winchester in 22LR. Some Aguila but no bulk packs of anything but SK "Trainer" 22...why do we need trainer 22 ammo anyway??? I don't get that at all...but whatever.

Couldn't find a single round of 44 Mag to save my soul. No 12ga 00 buck at all, only a 1/2 doz 15rd boxes of Winchester slugs. Overall, 12 ga ammo stock was way low. 7mm mag was nearly non-existent too. The only 270 ammo was a 1/2 doz boxes of Fed Non-Typical Whitetail and a handful of 30-30 Win from Herters (never tried their stuff til today, bought one box to try out).

What they had was tons of 223, 300 win mag & 308 (and even some 303 British...lots of Enfields used for hunting up here). I'm not surprised at the 223 on the shelves since the outright ban on AR's in May 2020. There's a butt-load of safe queens in Canadian safes these days of varying flavors.

What i've found is that big stores are out almost immeadietly, of any kind of popular calibers. 30-30, 30.06, or 9MM is few and far between. It seems that locally I can go to the smaller places and get some .308 WIN and 9MM.

I think it is getting slowly better in my area of Virginia. Shotgun ammo is more abundant, slightly better numbers of popular ammo as of late.

I stopped in a local gun store yesterday. They were well stocked, and had most calibers available. Some we a bit pricey, some were pre pandemic priced. Anyways, it was nice to see the shelves stocked.

I had stopped to see if they had a Henry in .38/.357. They did not, but I did pick up some ammo.

I've been jonesing for a 357/38 lever action for a while. If I can find one, will probably need to be the lower priced cimmaron/rossi guns. But, they get good reviews.

I wish they'd ban lawn mowers and weedwhackers where I live. I hate mowing grass. I can't imagine being happier-er.

I do wish the two-stroke stuff was restricted in town. Too dirty for even suburban use. Also blowers. People should be encouraged to vacuum rather than blow.

Two-stroke blowers are the worst. It’s a horrible health risk for the user.

I do wish the two-stroke stuff was restricted in town. Too dirty for even suburban use. Also blowers. People should be encouraged to vacuum rather than blow.

Two-stroke blowers are the worst. It’s a horrible health risk for the user.
I have a 2 stroke trimmer and blower...Imma horrible person.....

Back