• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ammo available in your area.

California is going to ban all that stuff soon. I was way ahead of the curve. I haven’t owned a two-stroke motorcycle since 1975.

I retired my gas chainsaw in 1995. Don’t get excited you guys, it was just a McCulloch. I replaced it with a McCulloch ElectroMac, because I never have to get more than 50 feet from my house. And I don’t burn wood, so it’s just occasional pruning and storm damage.

I also retired my two-stroke tiller. I replaced it with a hired Gardener because I don’t want to till anymore. That’s been 10 years at least.

I hauled the two-stroke Evinrude outboard off to the boat junkyard last year. I repowered my boat with electric motors a few years back and I’ve never enjoyed fishing more.

I’m really not political about the subject myself. It’s just that I smoked for 35 years and I don’t have perfect lung function anymore. It is difficult for me to breathe around anybody running a two-stroke.

If I can’t get this Volkswagen engine to run with a lot less smog I may end up converting it to electric soon.

I just hired this lady!!! lol

https://media1.giphy.com/media/3o6nV0p1WvG09RyDCg/giphy.gif

I don't know which specific calibers are available but our LGS has quite a selection compared to the COVID drought. I don't buy much factory ammo unless I get down to a single box of something, but I check the shelves every time I get out there. Here it's all coming back, even some of the calibers that aren't in such high demand.

Was at the local walmart today. Their ammunition case was full. However, it was all hunting cartridges. They had the 100 round value packs of birdshot shells, but I didn't see the price. They also had several flavors of .22lr. I didn't buy anything because it wasn't worth the hassle of getting one of the chosen ones with "the key" to open the case. I am also not really needing much nowadays. Take care. Tom Worthington

Was at the local walmart today.

I went to my "local" WokeMart store the other day. I leaned over the counter and took pics because I had trouble seeing the small prices but the phone allowed blowing up and reading. Plenty of 12ga, .308, some .270, a good amount of .22. NO pistol calibers or .223 at all! :( Bulk pack of 12ga was a little over $30, up from $25ish. I'll post the pics eventually... ;)

The Walmart closest to me has a much better supply now than even a few months back. Pretty much the same flavors as mentioned previously. It's a move in the right direction.

I was passing by Academy a couple weeks ago so I stopped in. They were fairly well-stocked on most calibers. No primers, though... :( Spent $18 each on two 50rd boxes of 9mm 115gr FMJ and I think $25 on a 325rd box of .22 (for semi-auto). All Federal brand. Trying to "save up" for the next range outing so I don't have to tap into the horde. ;) I DO rotate stock on range ammo... I could have signed up for a credit card and saved $15 and 5% off purchases.

Speaking of hordes, picked up this little stash from a guy who sold some guns "because he was getting married". :rolleyes: He had an ad in the local guntrader website for some .40 Glock mags which he had just sold. By email I asked him what else he had and he sent me a list and some pics of .40 and AR ammo he had. We settled on $300 for the bin and contents, delivered to my shop. After deducting $30 for the like-new mags & bin, cost per round was around $0.28... Not the BEST deal but not bad for 960rds PLUS it saves me from having to go to a store and buy retail or online... :)

ammo1.jpg ammo2.jpg

I think I need to get divorced and married a bunch of times with John at the top of my guest list!!

CMC, think it would be a lot cheaper to just buy ammo. Most divorces down here would fund a lifetime supply of ammo.

But giving ammo as a wedding gift is a novel idea!!!!!! Might be useful if the honeymoon didn't go so well!!!

Regards

Lol, you guys make me laugh.

Yesterday I happened to stop by a local academy as well. I picked up 2 each of 7.62x39, 5.56, and .22 WMR. They were all bit high, but at least they had them. Their shelves were not bare, but they weren't at pre covid either. They did have some unopened boxes ready to put out as well.

I did notice their gun selection was better than it had been for a while. That's a plus.

I did notice their gun selection was better than it had been for a while. That's a plus.
In the local guntrader and on GB, I'm noticing prices on used guns aren't as crazy as they were during Fauxrona. I get PSA and GaG emails and I've noticed their prices have come down to comfy levels. Not including fees, you can get a Glock G19 clone ("Dagger") for $300, $400 if you want optics cut and threaded barrel. PSA has "add your lower" AR kits for $350.

Yesterday Biden said the United States is getting low on ammo due to the war with Russia. He didn't specify what kind, but I would not be surprised to see prices and availability react in a way not favorable to the civilian market.

Shortages likely across the board but the specific discussion was over the shortage of altillery shells and that's appparently why he's releasing cluster munitions for Ukraine. Guess they are trying to increase production of conventional artillery shells but like lots of other items you can't restart production lines overnight.

This proxy war is using up lots of things beyond munitions. Hate to really know the "half life" of tanks and APC that have been sent over there. Several videos on line showing several tanks and APC being destroyed in a matter of minutes.

Cluster munitions are nasty things and can remain on the ground for years unexploded until! Most countries have ban their use as well as chemical weapons. There is no way to limit anyone's "exposure" to these given they cover an area. Ukraine will be dealing dealing with mines and cluster munitions for decades to come.

On the sporting goods side here in North American, I suspect manufactures are controlling production levels based on public demand to keep the price staple (i.e. higher) vice saturating the market. However, the biggest problem I've seen is the lack of certain calibers given the focus on popular high demand ones like 9MM and 12 gauge.

Regards

I haven't had much trouble finding ammo. It's the pricing that gives me stress! I've taken to making all my bulk purchases of 223/556 from local, private sales...not stores. I seem to be having pretty decent luck with that over the last year and saving some $$$ in the process. Hunting ammo is stupid expensive, so haven't been shooting up any of my reserves.

I bought an ammo can and two boxes of 7.62X39 yesterday at a local store. The can was priced good I thought, $13.99 plus tax for a .50 cal can. The ammo was Red Army steel case 122 gr fmj. It was $8.99 plus, about double pre covid. Of course I was happy just to get it.

Oh my gosh Meanie, you'd have a heart attack if you knew what I paid for 300 rds of 556.

Back