• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Anderson Manufacturing! !! Ar 15

Djcala

.30-06
Supporter
Well here goes. I have used Anderson recievers MANY times. I have recommended them often. They have typically been available and priced right. They have always been too a standard i could appreciate. All that said i recently decided to try one of theyre lpk kits. It was basically horrible. I did my own magic cause i gots some skills with such things and its now in use. Basically the mating surfaces were like the surface of mars. Having thoughtvabout it i decided to drop a simple note of information to the manufacturer whom i thought may be a good company appreciative of customers feedback. Well what a suprise i got.20171011_132051.jpg 20171011_132129.jpg

Here is my intiial email.
October 28, 2017 9:13 AM
To: Support - Anderson Manufacturing <support@andersonmanufacturing.com>
Subject: Lpk and receivers

Just wanted to drop you a message. I have used several Anderson receiver sets and found them a good quality piece of gear and i often recommend them. I decided to try one of you lower parts kits. I have to let you know i wont be ordering any more of those it was simply horrible. The finish was poor and gritty but worse was the mating surfaces on hammer and sear i find it hard to believe they would leave factory in that condition. Have a look. I have no idea what that would have felt like but it couldnt be good. Not expecting matxh grade at the price but wow simply not finished at all?

You make some really good products dont let stuff like this have your name on it.

Thank you

And the reply from them. Correct me if im misinterpreting but i believe i was told if i dont like theyre stuff go pack sand and purchase from someone else ?
30, 2017 1:15 PM, "Support - Anderson Manufacturing" <support@andersonmanufacturing.com> wrote:
David,

Our hammer and triggers are fully machined and then sent out for a black oxide treatment. I am not sure what else to say in response to how it may perform for you as you have not tried it. It is a standard MIL-SPEC trigger and hammer set and as you stated, not match grade of course. The set will be a bit stiffer than a finely made set up, but should come in within 5-7 pounds on the trigger pull. If you truly feel that the kit will not perform for you, I would suggest returning it to wherever you purchased it from before using it for a refund and possibly going with another type of kit. We do have a stainless set that may be more to your liking and can be ordered online as well. In either case, if you are not satisfied with our product, I hope you find what you are looking for.

Thank you.

My response:

Well all i can say is wow really ? I gave Anderson some good compliments and own 3 rifles made with anderson recievers that i really like. I simply brought to your attention an issue with an lpk and was conscious to state how much i appreciate your other products. Your response comes across quite condescending and arrogant. Advise was "i hope you find what your looking for ". Well ok sir not a problem i am comfortably retired and can purchase what i like. I will move along and not trouble you folks anymore.
Djc

There is one thing i know for sure there is no shortage of Ar pieces and parts manufacturers in the good ole USA.
In fact here is a shout out for a veteran friendly group makong some good stuff Hardened Arms great quick response to any questions etc... Nancy is my new go to gal up there out there. Anyhow take my info with grain of salt of course just thought id pass on an experience so much for meaningful dialogue with long time customer and proponent. Basically buy our stuff if ya want but shut the fu!# up. Not a problem roger that im out.

The photos are pretty telling. It is poorly finished. Probably would've felt like crap too. And I do agree that's not something I would want my company name associated with.

The reply was as poorly worded as the part was for sure. I don't think they were telling you to take a hike, but I can see how it could've came across that way.

Myself, I would've at least thanked you for bringing it to my attention.

I can understand why you'd purchase from somewhere else going forward.

I have a bare receiver from them that only cost $35.

Frankly I wasn't expecting trouble, but now I will have a very close look at it before I even try to assemble it on to my gun.

I have a bare receiver from them that only cost $35.

Frankly I wasn't expecting trouble, but now I will have a very close look at it before I even try to assemble it on to my gun.
I think ypu will be very satisfied with the receiver all ive seen and used have been very good.

I've used Anderson parts, including lowers myself. I will say, I've had worse feeling triggers, from pricier vendors. Rock River, I believe it was. And like you, I'm not shy to do some polishing myself. So I just take it as cheap product, that can be improved upon.

Well I heard it was a good brand, and I bought it because the guy who had assembled my AR-15 scratched the snot out of it putting the pins in. I was going to rebuild mine & the sell the scratched up one.

But then that new "assault weapons" BS came up, & I decided not to do anything overt until they settled it in court.

I have multiple Anderson lowers, they had been my go to, never had a problem with them.

I also have several Anderson LPK's that I picked up on sale a while back. I just used on in the last build but I did not use the trigger or hammer. I'll have to check it out and see what it looks like.

I hope this is not an indication of their future quality.

I have multiple Anderson lowers, they had been my go to, never had a problem with them.

I also have several Anderson LPK's that I picked up on sale a while back. I just used on in the last build but I did not use the trigger or hammer. I'll have to check it out and see what it looks like.

I hope this is not an indication of their future quality.
I have always been happy with there stuff and honestly was of the thouggt that the lpk i got was simply a one off slip thrpugh the cracks mistake. I just wanted to give them a heads up. I was kinda shocked at response to be honest.

I normally use geissele G2S on my builds. Wait for a solid sale. It's worth the minor upgrade. I'm thinking of making a match AR and gonna make the jump to a quality giessele trigger.

I normally use geissele G2S on my builds. Wait for a solid sale. It's worth the minor upgrade. I'm thinking of making a match AR and gonna make the jump to a quality giessele trigger.

The last two builds have used the G2S. I used a higher end single stage on an earlier build, sorry I cannot remember the model #. All have been awesome right out of the box.

I cannot recommend them enough. I think I have bought them all from Primary Arms, they run sales every few months. They are running one now for Halloween.

That's where I saw the G2S for $128

LINK: http://www.primaryarms.com/geissele-g2s-2-stage-trigger-ar15-pin-154-g2s

I took a look at that Anderson lower tonight and the Machine work looks really top-notch.

But I won't know if the holes are in the right place until I put it together.

Back