• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Another 464 SPX with changes

green73

Copper BB
Had this gem for a while. Over the last couple of years changed a thing or two here and there. First was swapping on a MagPul butt stock (sorry but the factory ATI just didn't work for me). Lever scout upper rail with el-cheap-o Bushnell red dot and a MagPul sling attachment. I had to file the front opening on it a little to get it to fit though. The forward angled grip was a little awkward mounted to the factory short lower rail. Luckily it's removable. Bought a cheap set of plastic rails and modded them to use the factory threaded inserts and contoured it to hug the bottom of the stock. Now the accessory grip is right where I want it. I am a short person at only 5'-1", so I had to work the ergonomics for that. I was kinda sad to remove the rear sight, but... The only un-changable thing I did to the gun itself, is thread a hole for a 3rd screw for the lower rail mount. KIMG2543.JPG KIMG2545.JPG KIMG2546.JPG

green, welcome to the forum. Lots of folks take a stock firearm and personalize it. You are making yours the way you want it. Nice job.

Figured I am will not ever be in a position where stealth is essential with this one. May as well have fun with it. Trying not to take the tactical thing "too" seriously. Same is happening with a 10/22 I have on the back burner.

Mine all eventually get personalized in an accidental and random way, by scratching them on the bench or banging them against the safe.

But I don’t own any real fancy guns either. I probably paid $1200 for the most expensive one.

Back