• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Another friendly reminder to check your batteries.

oli700

12g
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
And carry spare at all times...Out today cutting firewood and one thing lead to another and wood cutting usually turns into some sort of marksmanship challenge among friends. We spotted a rim in the brush so I grabbed my shotgun trying to beat three others to the “punch”. Flipped off the hood to my sight and no dot…..Now I have grown up with a gun in my hand and fancy myself a good shot. I have always thought that if my dot goes out I could still probably get lead on target….well that was a bunch of BS….I couldn’t hit the ground. I tried at first a couple quick ones trying to hit the rim that was 25 yards at most and missed low by a ways. Then I really took my time and tried and still couldn’t hit the rim with buck or slugs…..I was very surprised and disappointed. The good news is that I carry the tool and spare batteries on the gun at all times. I removed it from the base and replaced the battery in less than a minute and put a serious hurt on that rim… but still in a scuffle that’s enough to die trying…..I do have the bead for back up but would have to remove the reflex all together to use it….which is doable with the tool I carry.

Now look what you done gone and went and made me do.

I changed all my scope batteries whether they needed it or not and ordered more.

Just FWIW, this is the best place I know to order my batteries.

I usually get a bunch of duracells (usually .37 each) and CR123 batteries for my weapon lights ($1 each), N cells for my Eotech 511 for $1.39 each, and all the big fat button and coin cells I can think of for about .35 each.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/

I've done business with these guys for years.

Good idea...time to do an inventory of all the different batteries I need, not just for the optics and flashlights, but the smoke alarms too !!

Let’s not become complacent! I got caught today,so check those alarms.

Sound advice on the batteries, but I have to ask whats a "rim"?

My best guess based on context would be a rattlesnake.

Good advice. I'm doing it this week. A rim..a prarrie dog?

Maybe he means his RIM Blackberry, I know I've wanted to shoot mine on more than one occasion.

people usually put tires on them, this one was in the brush so long it rotted the tire off......probably off a log truck from the 60's or so.

It was spoted and turned into who could get their gun out and shoot it the quickest.....but if it was something that meant harm....no dot. Just a mountain kid game

And here I thought he was talking slang. Silly me. Lol

Another battery note ... rechargeable batteries have only so many charges in them. I have a bunch of Energizer AA's that are pretty much done for. They're relatively expensive to replace but that's better than needing batteries and only having ones that don't work.

Hahahahaha you really were talking about a rim. I too thought is was slang for some critter.

spend enough time in the bush here andd you could probably build a vintage log truck

I found a steam powered tractor bull dozer looking thing once.

No joke.

It had smaller tree's growing through the spokes of the drive wheels.

No camera with me at the time, but I'm dead serious.

Back