• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Another stupid senator

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Ban assault weapons, buy them back, go after resisters,” Rep. Eric Swalwell, D-Calif., argued

An assault weapon, then, is a hand-held weapon of war, capable of spraying a crowd with more lethal fire in seconds.

Instead, we should ban possession of military-style semiautomatic assault weapons, we should buy back such weapons from all who choose to abide by the law, and we should criminally prosecute any who choose to defy it by keeping their weapons. The ban would not apply to law enforcement agencies or shooting clubs.

Our courts haven’t found a constitutional right to have assault weapons, anyway.

Australia got it right.

was funded by a temporary 0.2% tax levy on national health insurance.

If we offer $200 to
buy back each weapon

Consider this an investment

---------------------------------------

I just wanted to note a few exerpts above.

The most obvious, that Australia raised taxes in order to do their buyback, which means, you'd be paying to disarm yourself.

WTH kind of twisted logic is that?

True, but the end run is if there is a "buy back" (which would imply they were the gov'ts property in the first place which we know that is not true), but regardless, you and I pay taxes.

You and I would be paying for each gun that we "sold" back to them, which means, our money bought the guns in the first place, and our money is going to be used against us in the latter.

I see a lot of people not complying.

Do these fools really think that if they passed laws that gun owners are going to roll over? Hell no.

Gun owners have a very distinct view concerning what the founding fathers had intended the 2A to be all along. I assure them, the words "sport shooting" was never mentioned. Either in context, or implied.

Yet where does this anarchy exist? Where did it ever exist, except in the single instance of Massachusetts? And can history produce an instance of rebellion so honourably conducted? I say nothing of it's motives. They were founded in ignorance, not wickedness. God forbid we should ever be 20 years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, & always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. We have had 13. states independent 11. years. There has been one rebellion. That comes to one rebellion in a century & a half for each state. What country before ever existed a century & half without a rebellion? & what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure.
-Thomas Jefferson

A grocery store in Indy was offing 'Food' for people turning in gun :rolleyes:

This is how a Demorats operates. Turn law abiding citizens into felons. Do they think the people using their so called assault rifles for crimes will turn their guns in.

I saw somewhere that they were going to offer up to $1000 for each one.

Think how much better the country would be if the democrats worked to arrest and disarm actual criminals instead of law abiding gun owners. It's all about control of the people.

I saw somewhere that they were going to offer up to $1000 for each one.

Still not enough. Besides, they are going to use your tax dollars to buy your gun. So, who's paying for it?

I do not approve.

Still not enough. Besides, they are going to use your tax dollars to buy your gun. So, who's paying for it?

I do not approve.

They couldn't support such an effort logistically or monetarily.

Looking at 10-20m guns. Probably more like 50m

But we assume 10m guns with a buyback of $500 per. That's 5B dollars alone. Not including payroll of collectors and logistics of destroying logging and follow up and recording to congress.

Looking at 15-25B for "just" those guns alone.

Tell me they can pass that Budget?

In all fairness, you are talking about Congress here.

They fund millions for the study of stupid stuff all the time. I'm sure they'd print more money to achieve one of their end goals.

RealMonopolyMoney.jpg

In all fairness, you are talking about Congress here.

They fund millions for the study of stupid stuff all the time. I'm sure they'd print more money to achieve one of their end goals.

RealMonopolyMoney.jpg

Their end goals will be met with noncompliance and casualties on both sides.

Do you really expect 10 million owners to turn in willingly? And if pressured with force not to meet it with force?

It would be Bundy ranch with actual shooting. In every state.

You're barking up both sides of the tree.

Yes, I do think that it will be met with non-compliance and bloodshed.

And yes, I think half of the government is dumb enough to try it

You're barking up both sides of the tree.

Yes, I do think that it will be met with non-compliance and bloodshed.

And yes, I think half of the government is dumb enough to try it

Then half the government will get a quick lesson on what it feels like to have a rope around their neck once their enforcers are dealt with.

You wanna start an insurgency and guerilla warefare. That's how you get one.

The Senator is not stupid!!
His proposal makes plenty of sense- if your objective is a communist government. If you notice the D by his name that means communist.
If the gov offered to buy back my guns for twice or even a thousand times their value I would not part with even one- as it would then be irreplaceable. If faced with confiscation I am quite prepared to die like patriots before me who fought for freedom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hoping the left is playing their cards to early. They lost the presidency so.their only hope is to generate enough Trump hate to win the next one.

The most frustration part, time after.time are those on the right that got elected to push back and don't.

The left is only part of the problem. Half the right caves every chance they get. In a general sense, politicians in general are the problem.

Its freaking tiring, it really is.

Be like santa and make a naughty list.

Actively work against those that would piss away your rights.

The time of sitting on the fence doing nothing besides rolling your eyes at them has shown to be ineffective. Complacency is a large part of the reason why we're in the sad state of affairs that we are currently reaping.

What would you suggest ?

This below. Primary these shits. Hammer them. Be present at local meetings.

Hold them accountable.

Be like santa and make a naughty list.

Actively work against those that would piss away your rights.

The time of sitting on the fence doing nothing besides rolling your eyes at them has shown to be ineffective. Complacency is a large part of the reason why we're in the sad state of affairs that we are currently reaping.

Back