• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Any advice is welcome....

ChiBearStrong

Copper BB
I recently mounted a cabela's slug scope to my 535 cantilevered barrel. I used 1 inch weaver bases. When I went to the range to sight in, at 50 yards all my shots were at the bottom of the paper. I adjusted the elevation turret but there was little to no change in shot placement. I checked the torque on my bases. All were as expected. So if anyone can shed some light on this I'd be greatly appreciative.

Seems to me that your mount set-up is too tall for that scope.

The height of the cantilever rail plus the ring height puts the center line of the scope up too high for its range of adjustment to compensate. You'll likely need to use some shorter rings with that scope or find another one with more adjustment range...

I did some tinkering and found out the scope and bases were not level. The front of the scope was sitting higher. So I added 3 strips of electrical tape to the rear base, which leveled it out. So hopefully soon I'll be able to make it back out to the range

Thanks for the update! And welcome aboard! :) You may have got a pair of "uneven" rings that are used on some guns...

Glad you got it worked out.

Welcome to the forum!!

Welcome to MO from North of the 49th!!

Glad you got er all dialed in...happy shooting!!

Back