• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Any comments on polymer tactical heat shields?

BACK TO THE OP, I wouldn't put money into it to jazz it up for sale. I personally am looking for a bare bones 20"barrel 7 Shot mag tube Persuader or Maverick 88 very cheap for a build. I want nothing on it- I found one I was gonna ask the guy if he would sell for less without the Magpul stock, cause I don't want that stuff on it.

maxresdefault.jpg

6-8 shots, you're right. Is not going to melt anything.

Shoot a lot, on a hot day in the south, the pump barrel can get very hot.
You must be a pretty quick re-loader.

Nice lookin. What sights are those?

They were OEM on the 500 Tactical..I believe the Mossberg site lists them as LPA. I like 'em!

(Ironically enough, I work at TRIJICON as the Iron Sights Team Leader...been there22 years, I started in ACOG)

I did email my contact at XS to see what they have for 500s..there's a couple options for tritium.

They were OEM on the 500 Tactical..I believe the Mossberg site lists them as LPA. I like 'em!

(Ironically enough, I work at TRIJICON as the Iron Sights Team Leader...been there22 years, I started in ACOG)

I did email my contact at XS to see what they have for 500s..there's a couple options for tritium.
Do they make just a trinium front bead? I have a Meprolight that I had to return and I'm waiting on an exchange. The light went out in less than a year. It's kinda jinky to begin with really. It's dim and I had to file off some threads so they wouldn't protrude through the barrel. If it was tightened all the way down w out being filed the sight would also face 180* out.
I have a set of trijicon's on my .40 and they're topshelf.

No..not yet..we do OEM for some..but the only set we make is for Remingtons..(Wilson Combat sells them as well.)
XS however, has you covered..they have a Big Dot that epoxies over the bead..very nice, and will have our tritium. Win/win!

Which set did you go with for your .40?

No..not yet..we do OEM for some..but the only set we make is for Remingtons..(Wilson Combat sells them as well.)
XS however, has you covered..they have a Big Dot that epoxies over the bead..very nice, and will have our tritium. Win/win!

Which set did you go with for your .40?
Are the epoxy type not jinky? What kinda stinks about epoxy, is it's forever.
The Trijicon's I have are the night sights for the beretta px4 compact. Super nice sights; wicked accurate, fit like oem, and very bright.
I could barely see the mepro in a dark closet. :(
https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=BE14-C-600765
IMG_2001.JPG

Last edited:
Back