• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Any Ideas For a Tree Stand Gun Rest?

Gary Murray

.270 WIN
I'm not talking about something to rest on for when an animal steps out. I'm looking to rig up something so that i'm not constantly clinging to my rifle while sitting up there. I would like to be hands free. I tried a search but nothing came up. If you have any ideas then please let me know.

It all depends on the tree you're using, but two heavy straps (belts) tied around the tree limb above you that you can slide one strap on the front of the gun and one on the rear of your rifle will hold it for you.

Depending on how extravagent you want to get, you could also probably fabricate a holder that will clamp onto your tree stand.

John A. said:
It all depends on the tree you're using, but two heavy straps (belts) tied around the tree limb above you that you can slide one strap on the front of the gun and one on the rear of your rifle will hold it for you.

Depending on how extravagent you want to get, you could also probably fabricate a holder that will clamp onto your tree stand.
I may just fabricate something to clamp on my stand. I already welded up a foot rest so i can stretch my legs out on it without standing up to do it. I use a Baby Gorilla stand so i don't have much room. I'll figure something out. It's just hard trying to pour a cup of coffee or reaching for an elk bugle without worrying about my gun sliding off my legs and hitting the ground.

I use a screw in tree step (where legal) and hang my shotgun by it's sling until it is ready to be used.
I use a strap-on tree step on land where I cannot use a screw in step. I also use Gorrilla's fold-up bow hangar, but the weight of the shotgun is a little much for it.

tcecil88 said:
I use a screw in tree step (where legal) and hang my shotgun by it's sling until it is ready to be used.
I use a strap-on tree step on land where I cannot use a screw in step. I also use Gorrilla's fold-up bow hangar, but the weight of the shotgun is a little much for it.
I've used a bow hanger too TC and yes it does seem to be a little heavy for it. I use it for hanging my pack on and my elk bugle now. I may go with a spare tree step or one of those utility hooks you can buy for hanging stuff in your garage to hook my rifle strap on.

Back