• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Any milsurp shooters out there?

Oddcaliber

.270 WIN
I have a modest collection of milsurp rifles . My prize posession is a Brno VZ 24 Romanian contract in 8mm mauser. Next is a Gew 98 built in 1917. Previous owner cut down the stock and tossed handguard . Did a very nice job but he hacked up a piece of history! Next to the Mausers are 2 Chinese type 56 SKS rifles. They are unmolested! They work best in their natural state anyway. So what milsurp do you have?

I have an Olympic/Imbel Fal and have owned multiple SKS over the years. Bubba up'd at least 2 or 3 SKS to folding stock and the other is an SGW bullpup stock. While it would seem the bullpup was the most unorthodox of the bunch, I actually prefer it over the folding stock versions. They're very handy guns, other than reloading them is painfully slow. But I do agree, that the original is king. It would be uncivilized not to have at least 1 bone stock SKS. The only one I left stock was the documented pre-import ban with the bayo installed and all matching numbers.

Owned several imported AK's from varying countries over the years. Several handguns too. From Tokarev (one of my all time favorites), CZ52, CZ75, Ber. 92, etc.

I regret selling my Norinco SKS in the late 90s. I think I paid $65 for it back when I had my FFL. Came PACKED in cosmoline and I mean PACKED! But nothing helps you learn a new firearm like complete disassembly cleaning every nook and cranny of grease including the gas tube! :eek: It was definitely an unissued gun. But I was finishing college and needed the funds and got triple what I paid for it. They pop up here from time to time in the $300 range in good condition. Last time I looked at some in a gun store, they were all beat to hell and that particular store wanted $300 for them... :rolleyes:

Have a 7.7 jap arisaka came from my uncle D an lst driver in the Pacific, bought some rounds years back basically they went down yonder somewhere that direction...
A slew of sks in the 80s hey days of cheap Russian imports learned dishwasher were great for removing cosmoline but wife gets real upset with all the crud left on inside of said dishwasher.
2 enfields , see above
1 yugo m48 mauser a wonderful shooter and example of sweet machine work from true craftsmen
Etc...... And so on, if it goes bang I can find something to like about it. So big yes to shootin old iron war horses

Back