• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Anybody got an MMR yet?

nasa

.270 WIN
I've just been thinking that I might want to get a Mossberg Modern Rifle and wondered if any of you folks have had the opportunity to have any experience with this weapon.

Are the uppers interchangeable?

Are there after market caliber upgrades?

Any special things to know about upkeep and maintenance?

The Original Fort Worth Gun Show will be on New Years Eve & Day. I plan on being there.

I do know that they have at least two versions...a Tactical and a Hunter...both are basic flat tops, with some of the Tac models having BUIS that are removeable...and having a 16.25" barrel with quad forearm while the Hunter comes in a few different camo versions and has a 20" barrel.

I have been trying to hunt one down but no luck so far.

My LGS Mossberg dealer said he puts his order in before November for everything he thinks he can sell for the next year. A little tough for a small shop.

Sent with my modified D2G running TapTalk.

Blackhawk 835 Ulti-Mag 12 gauge 10+1, quick point limbsaver and spec-ops recoil reducing stock with tri-rail, laser, light and bipod.

Hey all, here we are in April and still no word from any MMR owners? I was poking around the net and as far as I can tell the MMR is still unavailable. I even sent a mail to Mossberg asking them about availability and received no reply. Naturally after enough searching I found my way here. I'd like to ask: What do you all think? Is this thing just a ghost after all?

The problem is that the MMR was being outsourced originally and then that deal fell through. So the originally release date of "early spring" has been pushed back.

Gotcha. That's a little embarrassing for them I guess, no wonder they didn't answer my mail. I wonder if the price or specs will change by the time it gets to market...

Just picked it up. Haven't had a chance to shoot yet.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336792821.394368.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336792821.394368.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 2,373
Can we see a detailed picture of the charging handle that's on that weapon?

Hope that works for ya.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336839194.803365.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336839194.803365.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 2,358
Put a vortex 4-12 diamondback bdc scope on today. It's starting to come together.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336872344.039509.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336872344.039509.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 2,344
Yeah, the PRS is expensive. I used to have one about 4 years ago and after using a large number of stocks from various manufacturers, the PRS fell from grace.

It was heavy, and sort of cumbersome.

The cheek adjustment is totally unnecessary with the correct scope height rings.

The length of pull also fit almost perfectly all the way retracted.

So unless you have 4 foot long caveman arms, and enjoy carrying more weight than necessary, it may be better to reconsider.

I personally like the Ace skeleton stocks. They're lightweight, and with the rubber buttpad and foam cheekpiece, is very sweet.

Back