• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Anyone here rocking a Gen-3 GLOCK22/23 with a weapon light?

Yeah - here's my 3G G22 with a 'cost effective' Nebo Protec 190 lumen rail light. I keep a spare and i take it off at the range or for a match. It is well built but...

The on/off can be reached with my trigger finger without changing grip. 2 functions - one is strobe.

190 indoors hurts. I stood against this with my wife pointing it and I might get a shot off but I would be badly disrupted. She won every time with the light and (god bless) she's no shooter! :)

K.H.~

Nice.

So was the strobe a lot more disruptive than the steady light?

BTW, are you going to approach Anthony or someone else at GLOCK Customer Service in Smyrna for a spring upgrade under their warranty? Even if it's just to have some spare parts on had?

I used to run one on my G22, which is now a USPSA Open gun. Don't have any pics. Had 1000 rounds through her in classes with a Streamlight TRL-4 on her. Some LEO's had issues with them, but Glock figured out the fix. I believe they changed the spring rate a lb or 2 lower and it fixed it.

If
K.H.~

Nice.

So was the strobe a lot more disruptive than the steady light?

BTW, are you going to approach Anthony or someone else at GLOCK Customer Service in Smyrna for a spring upgrade under their warranty? Even if it's just to have some spare parts on had?
either light function was in my eyes it was about equally disabling. If the strobe moved off center I could get a bit of vision but I was still the dead guy.

My wife is not a shooter but knows how to get a sight picture. When she had a sight picture she called 'bang, bang, bang' and had me every time.

I could have 'aimed' near the light but she had a big advantage.

She turned the light on and off and moved. I was dead meat. Recovery in the dark took too long. I'm 57 with good vision. Maybe different eyes react - differently.

Good idea about the springs - when I have shot it with the light mounted I had no trouble but - ummm, yeah!

Back