• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are your irons zero'd mark5019?

If they are, just flip your sights up and adjust the new eotech reticle so that the center dot sits at the top of the front sight and you're done.
Where's the fun in that?????

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

I agree.

I would use it as an excuse to go shooting too ;)

In a time when most AR manufacturers are having a difficult time staying open, looks like Spikes Tactical is coming out with a new model.

Warning, big boy language.

I'll be entirely honest, their "Brown Recluse" integrally suppressed 9mm AR15 is likely even more quiet, and with increased range than the venerable MP5SD.

While the whole video isn't bad, fast forward to 12:50 for the cream on top if you want to concentrate on studying it in action.

My integral that I made has essentially the same barrel length as spikes used. Integrally ported barrel. I could've still made more ports in the barrel for even better suppression, but I didn't want to kill my velocity or downrange effectiveness by doing so.

I could make about a dozen more ports and lower the velocity of standard 115gr or 124gr bullets down into subsonic levels like the MP5SD does, but ammo availability is well enough that I don't feel that I will need to do that anytime soon.

I made entirely different handguard and forend and certainly internals obviously, but it's quiet.

Big fan of my Spikes Tactical Crusader build... MOA rifle all day long (forgive my NY compliance):

36136029981_b39847bac5_z.jpg

35928203462_3f3dc159d9_z.jpg

Since photobucket has screwed essentially every forum in existence today by their policy change, and with so many dead links in this topic now, I am going to start an AR15 and variants part 2 where I encourage you to upload your photos directly to the forum in your reply itself so we aren't held hostage by external sources again like we are now with photobucket.

This thread is locked, but I encourage you to participate at the new topic located here:

http://www.mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/ar15-and-variants-part-2.17551/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back