• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AR Photo Thread

Was probably the SCAR 17 CQC, with a stock 13" barrel.

The standard 17s is 16" and there's also a model 17 LB in a 20" configuration.

Gotcha, I looked those up and I'd say those were the ones!

My buddy at the gun shop bought one of the 5 SCARS they got in Friday, all gone already at $2700 each!!! :shock:

So he sold me this SIG556 for a great price, not like I needed another AR but this one is setup nice but is a bit heavy..

Shot it today along with the ACR, LMT and Saiga 308 converted, WHAT A BLAST!!. My Buddy brought his SCAR and I put a couple 30 round Mags through it, very nice. I'M very impressed with my ACR and it performed like a champ with no issue and about dead accurate at 75 yards iron sights straight off.

Between My Son, the two guys from the gun shop and myself we put over 600 rounds through the ACR.

Rossignol said:
Awsome, simply awesome!

Thanks, Brad.

We are all packed and ready to go first thing in the morning. all twenty 30 round mags for the AR's are loaded and we're bringing the 590A1 and Saiga 12 with an ammo box full of slugs and buckshot. Suppose to snow a bit tonight and light rain but my boy is gonna get a lesson in shooting in all weather types. He wants to get into Law enforcement so he better start realizing that the conditions on the job aren't always sunny and warm. The Saiga 308 with 25 rounds a mag have his arm and shoulder nice and red.. :D

Good times, good times... :D Hes gonna look back on these times rather fondly someday!

Rossignol said:
Good times, good times... :D Hes gonna look back on these times rather fondly someday!

He's sleepin like a baby tonight. Last night I got my Pistol Permit done and he came along and my buddy with the new SCAR is the instructor, we had a blast. He brought a P22 and Glock 9 not sure of the model but it had a 30 round mag. He also brought one of those mini lever 45 colt cowboy guns, considered a pistol. My son shot all of them. I went to go shoot the Glock and he had already used my 100 round box and man he enjoyed that.

I brought my 10/22, SR22 and Henry lever 22 Magnum and we had right at it.. :D

Hell yeah! Congats on another fine rifle Dave.

I duracoated one of my Eotech 512s in FDE this afternoon. It still needs another coat before it's ready to mount, but it's matchin the SCAR nicely now. Ordered a Magpul AFG and a couple Pmags also. I'll post up some new pics once I get her set up.

Thats great Dave! My oldest daughter, (turned 12 in Dec) goes shooting with me! Shes really looking forward to learning to shoot the 1911!

Re: Bushmaster ACR

Well I've got about 1000 rounds through this thing this weekend, absolutely heated her up like non other. Not one jam, or miss fire and ran smooth as butter. I have the irons sighted on it now and hitting the iron plate out at 200 yards with it easily.

I'm contemplating not cleaning it until I get a couple thousand rounds through it just to see if it can handle it and be qualified, at least to me , as a true battle rifle. I have a thousand through it now and haven't even gave it a shot of gun butter yet so it seems a very reliable platform so far..

What ammo did you put through her?

Also what range do you go to I'm looking for a place to shoot since nys. Ranges suck, such as one round at a time and other bull sh*t

I'm using American Eagle FMJ XM193, I've got a couple thousand rounds of them. All my AR's eat'em right up and they are only about $60 for 200 rounds.

Here's some pics of the ACR broken down, which about 30 seconds, and she is absolutely spotless for throwing 1000 rounds out of it. She won't be cleaned for another 1000 rounds by the looks of it. The bore shines like the day I got her home!!..

Amazingly clean for the beating I gave her yesterday and today..

Re: New Lewis Machine M4 setup

cockedandlocked said:
Nice rifle, wish i was in a state where i could legally own pmags they are gods gift to the ar world

Thanks for the compliment, much appreciated. She is a true gem and the machining and quality are outstanding. I'm lovin my ACR but the Lewis is a secure second of my AR's. The SIG556 is sweet too just that it's a bit heavy, my Son took that one over..

Ya the pmags are awesome. My Son and I load up twenty of them and we are good for a hell of a time at the range. I've bought them one here two there another here and didn't realize that I had gathered 20 of them with some AR's coming with them, the ACR came with 2.

Another ACR

I wanted the earthtone ACR at the shop so I did some trading today and it's mine. Now my son and I won't be wrestling for the ACR at the range.. :D

I already have a thread going on my first ACR, she's run like a champ and that link is here: viewtopic.php?f=73&t=795

I had to have the earthtoned colored ACR at the shop so I did some trading today, my SR556, Henry 357 lever and Marlin 45/70 Lever for the ACR and a few Mags and a Box of ammo.

Anything like my first this one should be fun too. Now my son and I won't be wrestling for the ACR.:D:

Re: Another ACR

I am partial to black rifles but that dark earth does look sweet! Congrats on another fine firearm purchase :twisted: .

Dude, Its sweet! But seriously? The SR 556? Thats one on my list of guns I want.

:shock: :shock: :shock: WOW !!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Man you are on a ROLL!!!! Congrats brother...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back