• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR15 and variants Part 2

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Due to photobuckets recent policy changes and removal of much of the material that has been posted over the years in the prior AR15 and Variants topic (located here: http://www.mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/ar-15-and-variants.740/ )

I felt that it was a good idea to archive the material for anyone wanting to look through the topic because there is still a lot of useful material and information there, but to save folks from looking through more than 100 pages of replies that may not include the original photos, I'm starting the AR15 and variants part 2 thread.

I encourage you to upload your photos directly to the thread itself so we're not held hostage by outside sources again so we can continue the discussion and the photos without outside interference.

Colt 013.JPG

Colt 015.JPG

Big fan of my Spikes Tactical Crusader build... MOA rifle all day long (forgive my NY compliance):

36136029981_b39847bac5_z.jpg

35928203462_3f3dc159d9_z.jpg

Selector switch points to "peace", "war" and "god wills it"

My Olympic Arms CAR-97...purchased during the Clintonian 10 year Assault Weapon Ban ( 1994-2004 ). Per the law at that time...no bayonet lug and the M4orgery stock was pinned fully extended. On September 13, 2004...immediately changed to a 6 position collapsible stock.

GdWOxSE.jpg

Shown with Red Dot on the carry handle...and Pachmayr Decelerator® Grips

Selector switch: Safe & Kill only

Nothing fancy...but runs like a raped ape !!

My Olympic Arms CAR-97...purchased during the Clintonian 10 year Assault Weapon Ban ( 1994-2004 ). Per the law at that time...no bayonet lug and the M4orgery stock was pinned fully extended. On September 13, 2004...immediately changed to a 6 position collapsible stock.

GdWOxSE.jpg

Shown with Red Dot on the carry handle...and Pachmayr Decelerator[emoji768] Grips

Selector switch: Safe & Kill only

Nothing fancy...but runs like a raped ape !!
I've got one of those stocks in my parts drawer. May put it on an AK in the near future.

Sorry for the hijack...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have an AR right now but what I really want is an HM Defense rifle. They're made totally in house from start to finish by a former (and still currently maybe?) aerospace factory and they're located just 30 minutes from me so it's a hometown thing for me too. They make every part including a barrel they call the "monobloc" which has the gasblock machined as one piece in the barrel and at the highest point is only .28" tall. They make these barrels both with traditional threads or with the muzzle break machines as one piece as well.

IMG_2027.JPG

This is their basic rifle with an MSRP of $750 but they run sales fairly regularly and most recently had a sale on this same rifle but with a spiral fluted stainless barrel for $550. They make a number of different rifles including billet receivers, .300 blackout, .308, pistols, and soon to come will be a 6.5 creedmoor.

I liked my Olympic Arms rifle but as a base carbine it was $700 and by the time I put on it what I wanted I was in close to a grand and it wasn't as much rifle as the HM Defense.

This is the OA rifle with a couple other things.

32A72F76-B488-46B3-9EB7-AEAA58F19915.jpeg

Hoping to have it done by Christmas.

Trying to keep it in the 6.5lbs range. Really like the angstadt arms jack billet lower. I know I know. I can't help myself.

@SWIGIN I appreciate a man that takes his defense seriously. Good idea too.

@Water Monkey , 6.5 pounds will be easy. Especially in pistol form.

I used to use this 9mm upper on my SBR lower, but got tired of switching everything back and forth when I wanted to shoot different calibers, so I built a dedicated lower for it and made it a "firearm".

Loaded mag, 12" integral suppressor, shockwave blade, optic, light, flip sights, heavy 9mm buffer, mag block, the whole enchilada weighs: 7.8 lbs

It's one of my favorite 9mm guns to shoot. And the most pleasant of all my suppressed 9's.

Found an excellent deal on a Ruger AR556 MPR. It was on pre order at Sportsman's Outdoor Super Store for $559.99. It's up to $599.99 now tho. This version comes with a free float rail, Magpul furniture, and enhanced two stage trigger. Plus it has an 18" barrel with 1:8 5R rifling. Seemed like a lot of gun for the money, so I am now the proud owner of my 3rd AR.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/199005

My photo does not do it justice. I mounted a Sig Sauer Romeo 5 red dot, and Magpul MBUS back up sights. I can't figure out how to upload photos from my computer, so I'll just use Flickr.
IMG_2166 by

Back