• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR15 and variants Part 2

There are a couple different tubbs flat coil springs. Which one did you choose for this one? Please let us (me) know how it does in the 9mm.

I have them in a couple other guns/calibers and like them. Just never tried one in the 9mm.

This is the one I have.

http://www.davidtubb.com/tubb-springs/ar15-bufferspring

Appears to be the only one listed for AR15 buffers.

I'll try and do a shakedown next weekend, once I get the trigger shouldn't take long to do the polishing and install.

I did check as much function as I could without the trigger, last round hold open, and bolt catch operate as well as could be hoped for.

That's their standard spring.

They also have a few others for shooting other stuff.

higher power ar10/308 spring (will fit in an ar15 tube but may be too strong for some calibers)
http://www.davidtubb.com/tubb-springs/bufferspring-sr-ar10

lower power ar15 spring for subsonics and blackout which is also the one that I am using in my blackout upper--from what I can tell it's just a shorter version of their standard spring and thus, lighter
http://www.davidtubb.com/tubb-springs/ar15-buffer-spring-stainless

Just waiting on a bang switch.

Spikes lower
Anderson slick side upper
Angstadt BCG
KAW Valley gun works 8.5 inch barrel, and 7.5 oz extended buffer
Tubbs flatwire buffer spring
Troy 7.6" handguards
CMMG A2 flash hider
Tailhook Mod 2 brace
MOE grip
KAK Colt style mag block
Strike industries enhanced LPK, and charging handle
KNS anti walk pins
Holosun Parlow red dot, with ACSS CQB reticle

Waiting on an ALG QMS trigger, and will do the polishing myself.
4802937d8e163631442bcb1c0f574979.jpg
a151f31b99b128d5f1c50a650fb8f566.jpg
About 200 rounds today. Not a single malfunction. Although the Holosun did loosen up about half way through. It may be that I didn't get it tightened down originally. Both of the ASC 32 rounders I used ran flawlessly, although I did only load 30 in them. Ejection is nice and consistent about 4:00. Bolt locked back every time. 7, and 14 yards, 5 shot groups pretty much all touched. Ran 124 NATO ammo exclusively, with 10 rounds of 124 HST on top of 20 ball rounds. To check function.

I may get an absolute co-witness mount for the holosun.

I need to go through and loctite everything now.

Two thumbs up. [emoji106][emoji106]

If the holosun is the same height as the bushnell trs25, it'll be closer to a lower 1/3 cowitness.

Glad the gun was running good. Though, I sincerely like pistol caliber AR's. They're nice shooting guns for sure.

This time 5 years ago, everyone but me was saying that pistol caliber carbines were obsolete.

If the holosun is the same height as the bushnell trs25, it'll be closer to a lower 1/3 cowitness.

Glad the gun was running good. Though, I sincerely like pistol caliber AR's. They're nice shooting guns for sure.

This time 5 years ago, everyone but me was saying that pistol caliber carbines were obsolete.
The mount it comes with is lower 1/3 height. I don't really understand the lower third concept. I've used absolute cowitness on rifles with fixed front posts, with no problem. It's a good way to quickly verify the optic zero, so long as irons are zeroed.

Yeah, I like a true cowitness too.

OK, I couldn't resist. I found one of the more rare Colt variant uppers out there and I got a really good deal on it so I jumped.

The photos are from the guy selling it

While it is a 14.5" barrel, I do have an SBR that I could throw it on, or I could put a long flashider and pin/weld it and put it on my Colt M4 lower, but check out the barrel on this upper. That's what initially got my attention.

It's the SOCOM upper which has extra notches in the heavy barrel under the handguard to make it more rigid to mount an underbarrel device (M203, Knights Masterkey, etc). Even the sling attachment is in a different place.

I didn't have a complete colt upper so I figured if I am only going to have one, I would be alright with this one. I just thought it would be a unique variant to have.

Hey @Djcala where I do get reloadable smoke/flares for 37mm bloop tubes?

eHrVMOfl.jpg

uAtseisl.jpg

vDgcTQcl.jpg

I didn't really want the Knights Armament KAC/RAS drop-in GI Rail system handguards because quite frankly I didn't really like them, but I wanted to show the extra notches in the barrel and the sling mount.

LAMvOE5l.jpg

OK, I couldn't resist. I found one of the more rare Colt variant uppers out there and I got a really good deal on it so I jumped.

The photos are from the guy selling it

While it is a 14.5" barrel, I do have an SBR that I could throw it on, or I could put a long flashider and pin/weld it and put it on my Colt M4 lower, but check out the barrel on this upper. That's what initially got my attention.

It's the SOCOM upper which has extra notches in the heavy barrel under the handguard to make it more rigid to mount an underbarrel device (M203, Knights Masterkey, etc). Even the sling attachment is in a different place.

I didn't have a complete colt upper so I figured if I am only going to have one, I would be alright with this one. I just thought it would be a unique variant to have.

Hey @Djcala where I do get reloadable smoke/flares for 37mm bloop tubes?

eHrVMOfl.jpg

uAtseisl.jpg

vDgcTQcl.jpg

I didn't really want the Knights Armament KAC/RAS drop-in GI Rail system handguards because quite frankly I didn't really like them, but I wanted to show the extra notches in the barrel and the sling mount.

LAMvOE5l.jpg
That is a really sweet Upper @John A. . im all green jelly.
As for 37mm. Xproducts.com . oherron.com and firequest all have asst goodies. Oherron having the really good stuff. Now as you know years ago the old gun show had plenty and cheap thats long gone and the stuff is kinda dumb expensive for what ya get now. Theyre are some nice leo produc5s though, and adapters are nice to have you could make them with ypur skill set.

I make some now and again for a long time now its easy. And youll find things to mod along the way. I found a really nice perfect fit payload cup its the lid to a feminine spray product wife buys also firework stores have things that can be of assistance creatively use imagination here are a couple pics for ya, purely for fun research and information do not try to duplicate or construct or use anything ever never ever someone could loose a foot or a head or break stuff danger danger !!!!!15335574193861599193435.jpg 1533557577270819835680.jpg 15335576122111999815598.jpg 15335576458091184067705.jpg

Got the upper today. Should be a really good one.

Only thing about it that leaves me scratching my head is the over-stamp on the upper receiver rail numbering. I've never seen that before.

Ever.

I didn't even notice it until I color filled the numbers.

Curiosity was killing me, so I dropped Cerro Forge an email and the photo and asked them about it directly.

socom 005.JPG

socom 002.JPG

socom 003.JPG

socom 004.JPG

socom 006.JPG

socom 008.JPG

socom 007.JPG

socom 009.JPG

Believe it or not, I got a reply from the forger about the T slot mis-stamp.
-----------------------------
John,
Thank you for your purchase of the Colt AR15. To your question on our production process on the upper receiver. During the forging operation these slots are not forged in and are machined in during a secondary operation, not performed at the forge.
I hope this gives you more direction on your question.
-----------------------------------------

So, I guess a got a mismarked T slot Colt. Should add a few dollars to it if I ever decide to sell it. I'm sure not many have made it out of the factory like that. This is the only one that I know of.

Did some work to the pistol caliber upper.

I had intended all along to try to use an M203 handguard on the upper. Well, I was finally able to acquire one from LMT.

A few of you old guys may remember during the AWB, that dpms had a model that they called the tuber. I doubt they made too many of them and few probably remember them, but that's what I roughly based this plan on. Though, I think this is the first integrally suppressed AR to ever have an M203 handguard on it LOL. The tuber had an extra long handguard that covered the entire 16 inch barrel.

What may be even funnier, this pistol lower has a post ban bushmaster buffer tube on it. It was one of those ban compliant buffer tubes, which has the inability to be converted to a stock without extensive milling and machining. That way, there is no possible way that it can be converted to a rifle or collapsible stock. Add that the tailhook stabilizing brace is on the tube, cannot be misinterpreted as a stock even if they wanted to. It passed ATF muster during the darkest ban years, I see no reason how it couldn't pass muster now.

I did a few little mods to the handguard to make it work on the suppressor tube, but it feels really good in the hand. My hand is well insulated away from the heat and it's really comfortable to hold, point and shoot. I think it looks pretty good on there too.

The entire integral suppressor is 100% unique. Inside and out.

AyN0GQr.jpg

Thank you. I took a lot of aspects and components of some very esteemed guns in this build, combined them together, and there you go.

Back