• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR15 and variants Part 2

Is that a Chip McCormick single stage trigger? It looks like the one that I put in my retro'ish 20" build. I like mine.

Yep, that's the same one that I have. I picked mine up during one of the holiday sales several years ago. They're a little on the expensive side, but it is a good trigger.

Just go back to page 1, post 1 ;)

9x39 Russian.

This thing is AWESOME !

Lots of work going into it.

Left side charging handle.
6XaYjze.jpg

rkmAvVJ.jpg

And I put a few holes in the bolt carrier to put it on a diet. Not a huge amount, but 5/8 oz is decent. Went from 11.15 oz to 10.45 oz.
FGBnWgZ.jpg

No mags for this gun yet kinda stinks. So, I figured out why the mags were swelling and a buddy and me redesigned the followers and he 3d printed some but mags are coming from a couple of different manufacturers this coming shot show ;)
GjA3MZt.jpg

Barnstorming some reloads
AdxDlYW.jpg

And testing some prototype bullets is also very fun
udTbVWI.jpg

Yes, this 254 gr bullet is sitting on top of a quarter and has way more than 600 ft lbs of energy downrange.
DY5wpmH.jpg

In the process of shortening the gas port more inline of what the Russians were using to be able to use more of the available pressure to cycle with faster burning powders. Fun Fun Fun

NxZ59wM.jpg

ntJ8UHL.jpg

NzJ9Xeg.jpg

Yeah, that would probably be about like elmer fudd and daffy duck stuck on a lifeboat when they're looking at each other like they're a steak dinner and a hamburger platter. Which of us would eat the other first?

Just kidding.

I already know the answer to that.

I'm glad to see you're feeling better. I've missed seeing you around.

Yeah, that would probably be about like elmer fudd and daffy duck stuck on a lifeboat when they're looking at each other like they're a steak dinner and a hamburger platter. Which of us would eat the other first?

Just kidding.

I already know the answer to that.

I'm glad to see you're feeling better. I've missed seeing you around.

Its been super busy crazy fun and painful year all in one. More blessed than deserve still, starting to see some daylight ....

Yeah, that's definitely a unicorn. Not many factory Colt 9's floating around out there, and especially not in original A1 configuration. I like how they pinned the mag block in those guns. I followed along that exact model when I was making my dedicated lower and pinned the mag block in mine too so the block didn't wiggle or budge and ensure reliability too.

Model R6450 was the mid 80's production, but I would imagine that this is one of the later production guns (model AR6450) because it has the shell deflector and the Restricted markings that weren't required until after the ban started on Sept 13, 1994 but this does look like a legit ban era colt and in 9mm.

You can use Colt branded mags, which are made by metalform, PSA had some decent colt style mags for a while but I think that they've been switching over mainly to the glock style and of course, you can mill a slot for the mag catch using factory uzi mags too. (That's what I did--great quality mags and I could get 3 for the price of 1 Colts mag :)

Is that close enough attention for ya?

You're right about one thing though. I don't like it.

I love it.

Back