• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR15 Rifles and Pistols I have built.

tcecil88

.30-06
Elite Member
Shorty P 3.0 #1.jpg I finally built an AR after tinkering on my other rifles and other people's ARs for several years. I have always loved PDW's so I built a 7 1/2" 5.56 pistol. Below is the parts list.
Anderson upper and lower receivers
Classic Arm's Premium 7 1/2" 1/7 twist barrel with generic A2 flash hider.
Seekin's Precision adjustable gas block
Classic Arm's Premium BCG
UTG Pro Super Slim Keymod 7" rail with QD sling adapter
UTG Pro Super Slim handstop/barricade rest
UTG Keymod rail covers
BCM Keymod 45 deg. Offset mount
Streamlight TLR1HP light with Surefire green filter
Holosun HE-510GR-Elite red dot sight
GG&G BUIS set with Blitzkrieg Components Tritium Chevron front sight and Meprolight rear aperture
Raptor Ambi charging handle
Strike Industries forward assist
Engraved dust cover from CustomARDustCover.com
SB PDW brace kit
Magpul MOE plus grip
Geissele G2S trigger
Geissele Maritime bolt catch
Troy ambi mag release with Odin Works extended mag release paddle
KNS pin set
Battle Arm’s ambi safety
Tactical Link single point sling or Magpul MS1 depending on mood.
Strike Industries +5 EMP mag plate
At first it was way overgassed, so I installed the Seekin's gas block and that fixed that. So far after >200 rounds there have been no malfs at all. It will shoot into an inch at 65 yards with Frontier 5.56, 62 gr. SP ammo.

My 556 sbr upper had an 8.5" barrel, and let me tell you, it had some bark to it.

It would light up the whole end of the yard at night too.

Very tastefully done.:yourock:

Very nice build. Impressive parts list. I approve. I've thought about using the UTG pro parts before, but havnt heard from anyone with first hand expierence.

Thanks. I tell ya, it would have been a whole lot cheaper to buy one already built. It's crazy how cheap AR's are now.
The UTG Pro stuff is made in the USA and I really like their forends. I have a 15" Keymod rail and a 17" M-LOK rail. The fit and finish are very good and they are very sturdy. They are not cheap, but they don't cost as much as alot of other rails either. I had a Rainier Arms Hybrid Comp on it at first and man, talk about stupid loud with a huge fireball. The over pressure actually hurt my eyes. I fixed that with the A2 Flash suppressor. Much more pleasant to shoot now.
It is, without a doubt, my favorite gun and it rides in the truck everyday now.

I used a UTG A2 stock on my retro'ish build. I like them better than Colt stocks.

Nice uniform (BLACK) color instead of the grey fuzzy stocks you often see on colts.

I originally had a set of UTG BUIS on it that I swapped out for the GG&G. They are decent quality, all aluminum and seem very sturdy. They are < $50 for the set. I put them in my Windham Wep. MPC when I reconfigured it for a quad rail. I have actually bought several of their products and all seem very well made for the money. I know most of their stuff is not made in the USA, but the smaller LGS's that I frequent all carry something from UTG, so I still feel like I am supporting at least the local business' if I buy UTG stuff from them.
I need to go through my parts box again, I think I have enough small parts to build up another upper and lower receiver sans the barrel. Maybe build a 11.5 inch pistol in .300 for deer hunting. :)

Thanks, I want to build a 9mm pistol as well, but you can get upper and lower receiver assemblies from PSA and put one together for around $500. I don't know how much I have in my 5.56 build but it's gonna be north of $1K easy. I had a bunch of the parts already, so I guess you could say I built it over time, making paying for it easier, but the sticker shock is still a biatch.

Last edited:
Thanks, I want to build a 9mm pistol as well, but you can get upper and lower receiver assemblies from PSA and put one together for around $500. I don't know how much I have in my 5.56 build but it's gonna be north of $1K easy. I had a bunch of the parts already, so I guess you could say I built it over time, making paying for it easier, but the sticker shock is still a biatch.

I feel ya. Every gun I've built has been over $1k. I start out with a budget build in mind. Then I go higher end parts in the end.

Each of my builds are somewhat like children in a small sense. They are each different, have their own characteristics, personality, and demeanor. Yet, I can't say that I have a favorite between them either.

Before I built my pistol, I bought off the shelf AR's and modded them into what I wanted. Dunno where I am gonna go from here. 9mm PDW, .300 pistol for deer hunting, .308 SPR, ??????

Before I built my pistol, I bought off the shelf AR's and modded them into what I wanted. Dunno where I am gonna go from here. 9mm PDW, .300 pistol for deer hunting, .308 SPR, ??????

All Three. FWIW because of @John A. I built an AR-9 for my wife and loved it so much I'm building another one for myself. So I vote 9mm PDW for your next project.

BTW how's the Holosun Green Elite sight? I'm seriously considering it for my AR-9 Build

9mm Ar's are bit different than most standard builds, but if done right, they can be really great guns.

Mine is one of my favorite shooters. pew pew pew.

9mm Ar's are bit different than most standard builds, but if done right, they can be really great guns.

Mine is one of my favorite shooters. pew pew pew.
Mine quickly became one of my favorites also. Im considering building a carbine as well. And although slightly different, not that bad.

No, not real bad, but they do have their differences. Buffers and springs, buffer blockers, magazine catch, mag block, ramped bolts, etc.

Back