• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Armadillo season

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
Well, looks like armadillo season is here. Been seeing a few random holes in my yard for a couple weeks now, and this morning it looked like the face of the moon. So I'll be up late tonite with a buddy sitting out on the porch drinking coffee and getting in some target practice. :twisted:

Remember, pics or it didn't happen. :lol:

Re: RE: Armadillo season

Mossybloke said:
Any BBQ recipes?

Sent from my LG-C900 using Board Express

Nope. If we nail any they'll be on the menu for the buzzards.

I am assuming your Armadillos are like my Ground Hogs/Chucks?? I am kind of jealous... I would love to hunt something like that! lol

Itsricmo said:
I am assuming your Armadillos are like my Ground Hogs/Chucks?? I am kind of jealous... I would love to hunt something like that! lol

Not quite, although I do have the occasional groundhog show up here also. And in no particular order; possum, fox, turkey, deer, coon, squirrel, stray dogs and cats, bobcats, cottonmouths, the neighbors livestock, coyote, assorted rodents, beaver, rabbits, woodpeckers, owls, hawks, dove, buzzards, box turtles, and (soon to be expected) feral hogs. It's zoo here. :mrgreen:

In town I have "dirtballs" come through the yard often. However, the game commission hasn't made them "open season" yet :lol: Once I get out of town and into the more country side of the area, we get a good mix of everything you mentioned as well. Minus the Live Stock, Cottonmouths and armadillo lol...

Itsricmo said:
In town I have "dirtballs" come through the yard often. However, the game commission hasn't made them "open season" yet :lol: Once I get out of town and into the more country side of the area, we get a good mix of everything you mentioned as well. Minus the Live Stock, Cottonmouths and armadillo lol...

Armadillo's are pretty slow and stupid, kinda like your dirtballs I expect. Don't really have to hunt them, just wait for 'em to show up. :mrgreen:

GunnyGene said:
Itsricmo said:

Armadillo's are pretty slow and stupid, kinda like your dirtballs I expect. Don't really have to hunt them, just wait for 'em to show up. :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: That is exactly how it is with Dirtballs! They just come through every now and again. Unfortunately, I can only chase them off until their season comes around! :D

Wow Gunny that's weird.

All the armadillos back home in Texas were born dead on the side of the road...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Wow Gunny that's weird.

All the armadillos back home in Texas were born dead on the side of the road...

Don't think so. A lot of their ancestors made it across the river - probably drunk tho. :lol:

Sittin on the porch drinking coffee and popping dillos...sounds like a great night!
Wish I were there!!!

:lol: :lol: I can't say what I thought your post said LTB!! I almost spit my beer across the livingroom laughing! :lol: :lol:

ANYHOW!!! Went out Whistle Pig hunting again and didn't see much of anything. A few Tweety Birds and a couple neighborhood pooches but that's it.

Well, no luck last nite. Called it quits about midnight. Think I'll wait about 3 weeks for the next moon.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Yup, and most of them were alcoholics too...

Reminds me of

QuietAnimalsNapping_zpsc48191de.jpg

GunnyGene said:
Well, no luck last nite. Called it quits about midnight. Think I'll wait about 3 weeks for the next moon.

Was going to go out today but it started to storm really bad... tomorrow!

Back