• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Armed Citizens Stop More Mass Shootings Than You Might Think

1ABNDT

.270 WIN

Armed Citizens Stop More Mass Shootings Than You Might Think​

According to the FBI, armed citizens have stopped less than 5% of mass shootings, but Dr. John Lott with the Crime Prevention Research Center has crunched the numbers and found them to be massively under-reported. In fact, his data shows almost half of all mass shootings in 2021 were ended by a "good guy with a gun."

I think personal self-control is also under-represented as a way to stop shootings... ;) Meaning the times we wanted to gat somebody but decided against it! :D

I think personal self-control is also under-represented as a way to stop shootings... ;) Meaning the times we wanted to gat somebody but decided against it! :D
No doubt about it, that's one of the reasons why law abiding firearm owners are the safest demographic in their Countries. As a firearm owner your greatest weapon is training/knowledge. Get to know your state laws, train scenarios and situational awareness/de escalation whenever you can.

Just remember, we as civilians do not have the power to detain and we cannot shoot at someone running away.

GBUSA and all the patriots that make her great!

Here in FL, about 1 in 8 residents over 21 has a concealed carry permit. My daughter just took the class and now just has to file the paperwork for her permit. While I agree with the right to "constitutional" concealed carry without a permit, I like that there is a training element in the FL program. My dot was saying that a majority of the class focused on NOT shooting and the legal aspects of if you do...

There are also many that are not licensed to conceal carry that (legally) keep a gun in their car (ie: Castle Doctrine). I'm always amazed at people that get carjacked because they must be so engrossed in their phones that they are not situationally aware. Some thug runs up on me while I'm sitting in my car at the gas station or convenience store or ATM are going to get blasted as soon as they open the door! :eek: I'm also driving a 3000lb "weapon" that I would not hesitate to use.

You'd think the Gunshine State would have a murder problem but quite the opposite. Most people are quite polite because you never know who is packing... ;)

Back