• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Armed march on DC

ripjack13 said:
Pshaw. What a douche.

I get really irritated when the media mentions this ass in the same sentence as My Marine Corps. Wearing the uniform for 2 or 3 years does not make someone a Marine. In his case he was invited to seek employment elsewhere. He never should have been allowed to survive boot camp.

He's nothing more than a self indulgent, loud mouth idiot, who has zero appreciation for the traditions and history of the Corp. If he'd been under my command in a combat zone, he would not have lived to talk about it.

GunnyGene said:
ripjack13 said:
Pshaw. What a douche.

I get really irritated when the media mentions this ass in the same sentence as My Marine Corps. Wearing the uniform for 2 or 3 years does not make someone a Marine. In his case he was invited to seek employment elsewhere. He never should have been allowed to survive boot camp.

He's nothing more than a self indulgent, loud mouth idiot, who has zero appreciation for the traditions and history of the Corp. If he'd been under my command in a combat zone, he would not have lived to talk about it.

I'm sorry to say Gunny, but even the traditionally proud services have been pushed to force feed recruits through training in order to keep up with the demand in recent years. What certainly didn't fly 20-30 years ago is now common practice... sad, but it is what it is :| End result is a weaker force with less trained men and more unstaible soldiers and marnies...

aksavanaman said:
I'm sorry to say Gunny, but even the traditionally proud services have been pushed to force feed recruits through training in order to keep up with the demand in recent years. What certainly didn't fly 20-30 years ago is now common practice... sad, but it is what it is :| End result is a weaker force with less trained men and more unstaible soldiers and marnies...

Call me old school, but that is unacceptable. There are some things that are not up for compromise (hate that word).

Thanks for posting LES. I saw this earlier but didn't have time to post it up. I figured someone would!

What little credibility Kokesh may have had is down the crapper now.

GunnyGene said:
aksavanaman said:

Call me old school, but that is unacceptable. There are some things that are not up for compromise (hate that word).

Agreed Gunny. Truth be told even when I served in Desert Storm, I recognized it was the " knowledge " of NCO's with at least a sliver's taste of service during the Vietnam campaign that made a big difference in our Cross Branch coordination and execution of the plan. i.e. Though merely a precocious 19 year old at the time, I felt like " we " benefitted from having Qualified NCO's ( with combat experience ) around. I don't know what it's like now but the stakes have simply gotten higher and the world is more random and unpredictable. I know this our Leadership has definitely declined.

RBA

Back